Citroen C2 1.4 Furio sensodrive gearbox replacement problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hoggath

Citroen C2 1.4 Furio sensodrive gearbox replacement problems

Post by Hoggath »

Hi guys,

Urgent advice needed. HELP!!!! I have a 2003 Citroen C2 1.4 pertrol furio. The gearbox went faulty and smashed its casing so it's completely knackered. I have sourced a new box. This box is also a sensodrive box but from a 2003 1.4 C2 VTR. I thought the box was the same so great. However I did notice that where the speedo sensor goes in on mine that just had a blank on. I thought fine ill just removed the blank and put the sensor in from mine. When doing this I have noticed that inside the box there is no worm screw on the VTR. Everything else is the same.

Help or advice please.

Where does the VTR get its speedo reading from if it hasn't got this sensor fitted???

Do I have to strip both boxes down and swap over the worm screw. If do anyone know anyone local to me who can. Kendal Cumbria. LA8 0LT.

Thanks in advance
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Citroen C2 1.4 Furio sensodrive gearbox replacement prob

Post by wheeler »

Only models without ABS have a road speed sensor, If it has ABS it uses the wheel speed info from the ABS sensors. The speedo gear drive should be changeable once the driveshafts are out & the little casing is removed, usually just 3 10mm bolts.
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

wheeler wrote:Only models without ABS have a road speed sensor, If it has ABS it uses the wheel speed info from the ABS sensors. The speedo gear drive should be changeable once the driveshafts are out & the little casing is removed, usually just 3 10mm bolts.
What you are saying is correct, but I think the C2 box possibly doesn't have a removable output casing.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Yeah I wasn't 100% on the removeable output casing, just going by PSA gearboxes in general. Just had a look at Cit service & it does look as if the speedo output casing is probably not removeable seperately, Looks like a more involved gearbox stripdown unfortunately.
Hoggath

Post by Hoggath »

Yeah your right mate, however I dismantled my old broken box and worked out the worm screw is just a round hollow circular disc that locates over the drivers side end of the diff and just clips though in the two holes in the diff. However it won't fit into the box without dismantling it. I have ground off the lip that the driveshaft seal fits up to with a Dremel and slotted it in without dismantling the box. I have then glued the driveshaft seal in.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Hoggath wrote: I have ground off the lip that the driveshaft seal fits up to with a Dremel and slotted it in without dismantling the box. I have then glued the driveshaft seal in.
Why don't we have a cowboy smiliey ? :-D

I hope you did a good job of stopping the metal swarf getting into the diff.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

wheeler wrote: Why don't we have a cowboy smiliey ? :-D
Your wish is...

Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Hoggath

Post by Hoggath »

Ye Ha, yeah I packed the diff surround with grease to stop any swarf getting in. The removed all the grease. Got the car back together yesterday and all is well.