Lexia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

Lexia

Post by allanmc »

Dont know if I asked this question but here goes again,I bought a Lexia through the Moderator in January and have used it a few times and now it seems to be broken contacted Vehicle Diagnostics last week and the guy told me to try a few things which my son and I have tried even rebooting the lap top and he even loading it onto his lap top even trying on his C3 with the same result since then I have tried to phone the guy but no answer so sent an email on the 9/10/12 but have had no reply this is the 3rd. email I have sent can anyone suggest what I can do next please
allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Re: Lexia

Post by Chris570 »

Please can you describe the exact problem you're having. a few of us have got these Lexias and some of them can be teeth pulling at times.

Also model of laptop(s) OS version, any other software installed service pack levels etc....
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Anything you did with it just prior to it failing would be useful information too.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

When I read a post like this my mind jumps immediately to a warning in the installation/update process that warns that whenever the software is installed, or any updates are installed the file AP in C:\AWROOT\BIN\LAUNCHER *MUST* be edited to change MAJ_COM=TRUE to MAJ_COM=FALSE before the interface box is connected to a USB port.

The reason given is that it is to prevent an automatic firmware update being downloaded into the ODB2 interface chip in the interface box. It isn't said why this is important, but a little bit of digging suggests that the Chinese Clone Lexia's may be based on a cloned ELM327 chipset running early beta software that was reverse engineered (more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELM327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) and that any attempt to automatically update the firmware to a newer version is likely to brick the chipset as the cloned chip cannot run the later versions of the code, unlike a genuine ELM327.

In short, it's possible that the chip in the interface box has been bricked by the Lexia software attempting to update its firmware due to inadvertently connecting it before the change to the AP file has been made.

Allan, is there any possibility you re-installed the software or ran any updates for the software with the interface connected, or connected it before the AP file was edited ? If so, it's possible that your interface box may be bricked. I'm not saying this for certain, just piecing together the problem as you've described it together with a bit of research I've done on the clone interfaces...

The only way to tell for sure would be to plug your interface box into a known good working installation of Lexia software. (Plugging another interface into your installation of Lexia software could potentially brick it if I'm right about what the problem is)

As a warning to anyone else with a clone Lexia remember that you're installing software that has been hacked to work around copy protection, and using a cloned interface box - when the install instructions say don't connect the interface until the software is fully installed/updated and the AP file is edited, they're not kidding. :? Install the software, run the updates, reboot, edit the AP file as directed and only then connect the interface and let the USB driver install. As an added precaution I've set the AP file to read only on my installation after editing it, it seems to run ok with it read only.
Last edited by Mandrake on 12 Oct 2012, 13:39, edited 4 times in total.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

If it's Jim at EasyDiagnostic you've contacted then, according to his website, he's away on holiday from 6th-15th October - hence no email reply.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

The problem I am having with my Lexia

When I plug in to the car a warning comes up on the screen saying WARNING The Lexia office cannot be started for the following reasons
The Citroen communications interface is not connected to the USB port of your PC

The Citroen communications interface is being used by another application

Therefore the Citroen communication interface must be connected to the PC and the other applications must be closed.

Validate to continue

About the Laptop I got I got it from you Xac so I am quite sure thats OK, also reinstalled the Lexia disc a couple of days ago I am sure that the problem is not with the Laptop and there is nothing else on it, at the moment I am trying to contact any one near me with a Lexia to try my Interface to make sure thats the problem I hope this explanation will help.
Allan
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

allanmc wrote:The problem I am having with my Lexia

When I plug in to the car a warning comes up on the screen saying WARNING The Lexia office cannot be started for the following reasons
The Citroen communications interface is not connected to the USB port of your PC
Allan
Check windows makes the usual USB noise when plugging lexia device into computer. If so then:
When I get this, I right click "my computer" choose "manage"
Choose "device manager"
Can't remember the name but there may be an exclamation mark against you lexia device. Double click it and choose driver. Select "update driver" and go through the wizard. On mine it then finds the driver itself and I can open the software and it works.

Above is on XP
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Device name should be ACTIA.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

I had one go. Isn't there issues with the unit going kaput
C'est pas possible!
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

I am not sure, DickieG said his was doing the same as mine and he couldnt get in touch with the supplier and so far I havnt been able get him either, I dont know what to do next
allan
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sadly Allan, if the green light is not coming on and your laptop is not detecting it plugged in than I'm afraid it looks terminal.

I had a look at DickieG's doing the same thing and unfortunately came to the same conclusion :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

I think your right Jim, still trying to contact supplier to send it back as it should be still under Warranty until January next year still cant get him thanks any way

allan
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

Could be a broken wire between laptop and interface , there is a fix on another forum if you want to contact me i`ll give you the link , or if its alright i`ll post it since it is a Peugeot forum it shouldn`t cause offence :wink:
For what we are about to receive may we be truly thank full.

http://www.citroencodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.peugeotcodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Thanks Birdman, I think it would be OK to post it
allan
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6