New to lexia on C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hirameuser

New to lexia on C5

Post by hirameuser »

Just got a lexia from Jim who was very helpful but as its the first time I have used any obd program I need some questions answered if possible.

1/ Does this software come with an electronic manual? as when I try to open documentation in the program it try's to connect to the internet.

My car is a 2003 C5 hdi 2.0 Ltr 110 hp estate

I have had problems since a flat battery and a jumpstart (I have tried the disconnects and resets as mentioned here but all they have done is lost me more funtions Drivers window went from only being able to shut with the remote to having to remove the motor and push it backup).

2/ I tried to customise the options from the lexia but when I wrote to memmory it came back with a memory access fault after the green bars got half way ( about 9-10 mins) three times. Before the current problems the drivers switch sometimes seemed to have a mind of its own and as it has not raised a fault code that perhaps the switch or the front end of the circuit board has a dud flipflop chip on it. is there a way to raise and lower the windows in the lexia program as each time I try it I have to take the door panel off and remove the motor so I can push the window back up. I am beggining to think about putting a manual winder on it.

3/ doing a fault scan it comes up with various fueling problems. When I try to get into the the injection part of the program to view and clear faults the screen just shows a thin bar in the centre of the window i have left it for a minute or two still no action. Does this screen take a long time to come up or am I doing something wrong like not having the engine running. Update I have tried leaving it for 30 mins today as it was recommended to leave for over 5 minuets, the hard disk light keeps flashing but that is all. The injection module comes up as EDC15C2 has any one else had this, ideas please?

4/ The rear suspension is high 50mm/2ins but it goes up and down on the buttons and I have found the settings section in the lexia but rougthley what figure is needed to move the level down by 50mm.

Thanks in advance for any onformation you can give me.

Cheers

Phil D
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: New to lexia on C5

Post by Mandrake »

No replies I see, I'll do what I can to answer some of your questions, although I don't have any C5 specific knowledge...
hirameuser wrote: 1/ Does this software come with an electronic manual? as when I try to open documentation in the program it try's to connect to the internet.
From what I can see, and I'm only a beginner with the software, the user manual built into diagbox is web based and downloads the pages from the PSA web servers. Since the clone Lexias are using hacked software and using various tricks (such as local webservers) to fool the software into thinking its authenticating with the PSA servers when it is not (and comes with instructions to disable any internet connection when running the software) my guess is that no, the built in documentation cannot be accessed. :( I haven't found a way, anyway.

Some of the documentation on how to perform certain procedures with a Lexia is contained within the Citroen service/repair documentation however. This is called DocBackup / Sedre, and is normally dealer only, but can be found on some of the slightly more shady parts of the internet, or as DVD's on ebay. I got a copy through ebay, it installs windows software (heavily java based) which contains the full repair manuals, parts listings, and wiring diagrams of all citroens for the last 20 years or so. Many of the repair/troubleshooting processes will tell you step by step what to do on a Lexia as part of that repair process. (For example the key/fob programming process is one such process described)
2/ I tried to customise the options from the lexia but when I wrote to memmory it came back with a memory access fault after the green bars got half way ( about 9-10 mins) three times.
Do you mean the Lexia software itself crashed with a memory access fault ? What version of Windows ? It could be related to having DEP (data execution prevention) turned on in windows, try turning that off and see if it helps. Lexia is quite old software and so is probably somewhat "fragile" on recent versions of windows...a lot of old software that hasn't been updated breaks with DEP turned on.
4/ The rear suspension is high 50mm/2ins but it goes up and down on the buttons and I have found the settings section in the lexia but rougthley what figure is needed to move the level down by 50mm.
Does the height still actually correct with load changes though ? If you add and remove weight to the rear of the car will the height always correct to this 50mm too high height accurately ?

It could be that the rear height sensor is faulty (its just a type of potentiometer) or that where it clamps onto the suspension it has "slipped" slightly. If its a small error in height you can probably correct it in the Lexia but if its a large error it might pay to check the physical connection from the sensor to the suspension.

As for how much to change the figure - I can't see any harm in a bit of trial and error. :) I vaguely recall someone saying the range is 0-255 (eg an 8 bit number) for the full height range, so just try reducing the current number by 5 and measure the difference! :)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
hirameuser

Post by hirameuser »

Thanks for the reply Simon, I will give the dep disable a try . The suspension is always about 50mm too high with self correction or set low or up to the top. I need to change one of the rear tyres for a part worn that I have, as I think with the suspension high its wearing the tyres on outside edges and this ones getting a bit dodgy, so while its up on axle stands I will clean up the connections and measure the resistance of the arm action, then check if there is any evidence of the clamp moving, I will fit new tyres when I know the suspension is fixed.

My next purchase was going to be one of the sets of manuals on ebay as the haines manuals nowdays tend to miss out the useful bits, any recommendations on ebay sellers?

I am off to France on Tuesday by air so spent a couple of hours making some space in the garage for the car, as I have decided to give the battery disconnect routine one last try for the 12 days I am away as most of my problems seem to have started after the jump start. After that amount of time all the capaciters must be drained down.

Thanks again for the help I post the results when I get back.

Cheers

Phil D
hirameuser

Post by hirameuser »

I got back from France charged the battery overnight did the start up procedure as in the sticky head lights still on auto !! When I originaly had a jump start it cleared the headlight setting so I am giving up on trying to clear the memory.

On the upside today I cleared two of my problems, the high rear suspension I set by un-clamping and resetting the sensor angle on the anti roll bar, it took a few goes and after each adjustment you may have to wait for over a minute for the suspension to adapt, it takes a bit of fiddling and getting in and out of my water filled pit to measure the wheel arch height, once I was within 30 mm I measured from the floor to the sensor mount for adjustment then once about there rechecked the wheel arch height, dont forget to put blocks/stands under the car in case you over adjust, it takes a few attempts to get the feel of how far to move the clamp so take care. I now think a bit of road debris may have hit the sensor mount and upset it.

The drivers door window problem of only going down and not up seems to have been moisture in the switch unit. When I dismantled it it look liked water had got in at sometime so I cleaned up the circuit board contacts with a pencil rubber, also dont forget the carbon contacts on rubber cover reassembled and it all worked.

So now all this leaves is to see if the tyres on the rear are still wearing on the outside edges, if I can clear the low pressure warning from the tank pump and the maf fault. Oh and get the rear windscreen washer to work.

Dare I hope that the list is getting shorter!

I hope the info above may help others with the same problems.

Cheers Phil