Berlingo van started at last

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave28

Berlingo van started at last

Post by dave28 »

Hi all after 2 months without the van going it is now starting the problem being somethink like a bm32 fuse i cannot quite remember the right name but the guy has had it for bl%%dy ages also he has now told me that the EML is now on and will not clear he has read the problem and it states that the ecu is not matched to the pump but he said it should not run if that is the problem so he does not know why it will not clear so thats where you guys come in hopefully, i am picking the van up tomorrow i think i would rather have a play myself than let the guy have it any longer
artdjones
My Cars: Citroën C5 1.6 HDi 2005
Peugeot 307 1.6HDi Estate 2005
Peugeot 205GL 1.1 1991

Re: Berlingo van started at last

Post by artdjones »

What is the code number?
artdjones
My Cars: Citroën C5 1.6 HDi 2005
Peugeot 307 1.6HDi Estate 2005
Peugeot 205GL 1.1 1991

Post by artdjones »

Just checked up on this.This is probably code P1687.We've had this problem at work acouple of times.Usually caused by someone putting a fuse in position 2 in the under bonnet fusebox while trying to cure something else.This position should always be empty on a 1.9.After a while it always throws up P1687.If fuse is there remove it.Get fault code removed then diconnect battery for a few minutes.Reconnect,start up and make sure engine management light not coming on.
dave28

Post by dave28 »

cheers i will try tomorrow
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

BE AWARE on disconnecting the battery you must NOT open any doors switch any switch's or lock/unlock the van/car,

as the BSI has to have a set time ( i usually leave it for 1 min ) to settle before ANY electrics are operated

exactly the same on re/connecting the battery
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
dave28

Post by dave28 »

Van all sorted eml is now off and it was the f2 fuse it took a couple of attemps to clear the p1687 code but now all ok many thanks for your help
dave28

Post by dave28 »

More Bl***y problems spent yesterday getting the dirty greesy fingerprints of the bodywork from the guy that had the van for six weeks went out to start it this morning and took forever to fire up i put a direct feed to glow plugs but made very little differance it did start in the end but i had to recharge the battery could this be just a simple glow plug change ( i hope so) also took it for a spin and the bl**dy gear linkage snapped at the weld that connects to the gear stick will get that re welded in the morning but a bit more worried about the cold starting issue runs fine when its been started
dave28

Post by dave28 »

Update had the gear linkage welded put new glow plugs in and a new fuel filter while i was at it and guess what the bl++dy thing still was a pain this morning i did end up priming it for a while and then it fired up i checked all fuel lines and they are bone dry and dusty so no leaks checked power was reaching plugs and there was so am now stumped again the temps have only just started to drop so god help me when it gets really cold the van run really good once it has been started and starts on the button throughout the day
Ohfishalee
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot Partner, 1.9D (DW8B), Renault Clio

Post by Ohfishalee »

artdjones wrote: 10 Oct 2012, 22:04 Just checked up on this.This is probably code P1687.We've had this problem at work acouple of times.Usually caused by someone putting a fuse in position 2 in the under bonnet fusebox while trying to cure something else.This position should always be empty on a 1.9.After a while it always throws up P1687.If fuse is there remove it.Get fault code removed then diconnect battery for a few minutes.Reconnect,start up and make sure engine management light not coming on.
Had similar issue - removed fuse......no more EML. will see how it goes.