C4 Alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cguy83uk
New User

C4 Alarm

Post by cguy83uk »

Hi All

I recently purchased a genuine Citroen C4 alarm and got my local garage to install it. The alarm work fine when opening the doors, boot and bonnet.

I know the alarm takes approx 15-30 to arm itself but the ultrasonic sensors on the a-pillar don't appear to work unless they arm after a longer period?

I have locked myself in the car keeping very still, waited for the alarm led to flash to show that it is armed and then started to move around in the car, but it doesn't trigger the alarm.

Does it take a longer period for it to arm?
Citroen C4 Cool, 1.6HDi, 2007 Model (57)
MichaelH

Re: C4 Alarm

Post by MichaelH »

If it is the proper C4 alarm as currently fitted standard to some models you should now have a button on the dashboard to disable the volumetric (ultrasonic) system for if you leave a dog in the car or window slightly open. (four buttons or blanks on the panel to right of wheel should, if installed be "switch off ultrasonics", "out of lane warning", "turn off parking sensors", "turn off ESP"
If you just get out and lock doors the red door lock light and ultrasonic button light flash alternately (volumetric starts after 30 seconds.) to show fully armed.
When you switch off the engine, if you press this button , orange light comes on and you lock doors within 30 seconds. Orange warning light goes out after 30 seconds and the red light on door lock button on centre panel then flashes.

If you don't have the ultrasonics disabled button then installation sounds wrong and ultrasonics may not be connected.

Suggest you may need to check the installations you got with the alarm or go back to the garage who installed it .

Mike
UK Midlands currently with C5 (X7) Exclusive 2.0 HDI + 2 Pug 306s (Meridian and L) and a Pug 206L a/c
Previous C5 1 Exclusive 2.0 HDI, Pug 407LX HDI, 2No. Pug 406s LX HDI, Pug 309GLD, Pug 205GL, Pug 505GL, Pug 604SE, Pug 504ti
ashy90

Post by ashy90 »

Why have you had an alarm installed? Don't all c4's have an alarm as standard?
cguy83uk
New User

Post by cguy83uk »

Well I have found that the ultrasonic sensors are working. I wasn't leaving it long enough. Moving in the car after a minute triggers the siren and lights.

@ashy90: The C4 VTR+ is an option and standard on Exclusive models, anything before that doesn't include it. The one I bought was a brand new genuine citroen alarm for £70
Citroen C4 Cool, 1.6HDi, 2007 Model (57)