Done a crash

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

scratcher
My Cars:

Re: Done a crash

Post by scratcher »

Ex submariner, noticed crest.
Xantia vsx
GSA 1300
Previous AMI8 estate
GS1015
GSA1300 estate
BX16
BX17d
BX19destate
BX19d
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

can you not just get the indicator to work and make sure there is no jagged bits like broken glass or sharp edge's, and cover the head lamp with clear plastic
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
xenton

Post by xenton »

RussellF97 wrote:"How do I stand with driving it to work and back until my light arrives (Thursday or Friday). It will only be during the day so lights not needed, but obviously the indicator is in the headlamp unit just leaving me with the rear and the one on the wing." [-X

The law states that you must have all lights in working order. If it would fail an MOT as it is now, then if the boys in blue pull you over you can expect a ticket. #-o
I have a working headlight fitted again now, but out of interest exactly what law are you referencing? I checked and found the all headlights must be in working order except when a fault had occurred on the journey or the vehicle was being used between sunrise and sunset or the fault was being rectified ASAP. I got this from the road vehicle lighting regulations (1989) part 23 - (1) sets out all headlights reflectors, dip-dip, headlight levelling devices must in good working order, and in the case of a lamp, clean. Then 23 - (2) states it applies to every headlamp, but 23 - (3) goes on to list exceptions when this does not apply, and one is when the vehicle is used between sunrise and sunset,a and another is when " arrangements have been made to remedy the defect with all reasonable expedition."

That's why I thought I would be okay to use my car during daylight hours until my replacement unit arrived.

Anyone got any experience of removing the front wing on a C5 or recommend any places to source a cheap part?
Mark D.
2001 C5 2.0 HPi exec.