C5 BSi Reboot

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wornelly
My Cars:

C5 BSi Reboot

Post by wornelly »

How can this be done, i've been told that removing the fuse or switch in the fuse box for 15 mins lets the system reboot??? so knowing how helpful this forum is I thought I would ask yourselves first :) many thanks :mrgreen: :^o
oneday
My Cars:

Re: C5 BSi Reboot

Post by oneday »

follow the battery disconnect proceedure in the super sticky that will do it
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
MichaelH

Re: C5 BSi Reboot

Post by MichaelH »

Supersticky will do it.

Other way is to move the Shunt (big -usually green with SH on it - looks like a fuse) in the fuse box. It has two positions. move it to second position for 15 minutes but either open window and reach through or sit in silence in the car for 15 minutes. (mechanic's advice was don't load battery during switch over -i.e. don't open doors, switch on radio etc. or it remembers). Moving the fuse puts all ecus to sleep (used when transporting to stop things like hazards, alarms switching on). After 15 mins move it back and it re-starts the ECU on base settings. (total reset)
UK Midlands currently with C5 (X7) Exclusive 2.0 HDI + 2 Pug 306s (Meridian and L) and a Pug 206L a/c
Previous C5 1 Exclusive 2.0 HDI, Pug 407LX HDI, 2No. Pug 406s LX HDI, Pug 309GLD, Pug 205GL, Pug 505GL, Pug 604SE, Pug 504ti