2.2 HDI wont start

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chriscdm

2.2 HDI wont start

Post by chriscdm »

Hi my 2004 2.2 Hdi Auto stopped on the motorway with no warning lights on the dash the aa plugged in the computer and says it is the cam sensor this part has been changed but the car still wont start, the fuel pumps are working with pressure at the rail the battery was disconected at some point Could this be an imobiliser problem ?

Thanks to any one who can help
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: 2.2 HDI wont start

Post by myglaren »

If it is an immobiliser fault it should be flagged on the infoscreen.

I would run through the BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure to eliminate that possibility though, presuming that this wasn't followed the first time.
m300td
My Cars: citroen c8 2.2 hdi exclusive
citroen c8 2.0 hdi sx doner
Peugeot boxer 2.0 hdi
citroen c5 2.0 tourer x7
Peugeot 806 2.0 hdi

Post by m300td »

have you checked the wiring from the cam sensor i had one where the wire entered the plug had snapped the outer insulation was still intact
but the copper core inside had broken it did not "feel right" modern cable seems a lot harder than cable used in cars years ago
malc
lexia owner nr telford
chriscdm

Post by chriscdm »

Thanks for your replies How common is it for these 2.2 hdi 16valves to jump a tooth on the cam belt
chriscdm

Post by chriscdm »

Wont even go with easy start so i suppose would point to no compression ??
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

What does it sound like when you crank it? I would certainly get the either the belt covers or the rocker cover off and check the belt, however, I think it's odds onthe belt (or chain to the exhaust cam) has jumped or broken. Unfortunately this may well be the end of the engine - the injectors are notoriously diffiult to remove on the 2.2 engine, and they need to come out to get the cam carrier off, to either get the head off, or get to the broken rockers..... :cry:
Richard W
chriscdm

Post by chriscdm »

Engine sounds normal when spinning over tries to start a bit, Just had a lexia plugged in and says it is the crank sensor, are these easy to change ? and do they need to be matched to the cam sensor