engine cut out, now won't start

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tigerryes
My Cars:

engine cut out, now won't start

Post by Tigerryes »

Hi guys, 2002 c5 2.2hdi manual.
Right had the car a few months now, no probs. Little while ago was out for a long drive and dropped down a gear and put foot down to overtake, suddenly got the esp/asr anti pollution message but no loss of power and no limp mode. Carried on to destination and even though the warning was still showing the car started and ran fine. After a bag of chips listing to the radio, started car and all messages had gone and car was fine.
Recently done a de-fap, ecu mapped etc, all done fine. Done some 80 miles or so, no probs.
went out today, done another 80 miles, on the way home come off the roundabout and gave it some welly and fine, about 3 miles later the engine just cut out, esp/asr message came up, not even a rolling cut out like fuel had run out, just cut straight out at about 50mph, like someone had switched the ignition off. Pulled over and the car hasn't started since. Checked for fuel at the front, plenty there. It turns over fine but it's not even trying to fire. Got the pump hum at the back when switch the ignition on so that must be ok. Called rescue, no diagnosics equipment with them, but checked the battery, thats fine. Fuses all seem to be ok. Recovered home. Been a couple of hours now and still not starting.
any ideas would be great, hope to tow to a friends tomorrow for a plug in but not lexia so would guess its not going to tell me much. I really can't afford to take it to a citroen garage, plus i wouldn't be able to get it there.
thanks in advance
2012 Peugeot 3008 2.0 hdi
oneday
My Cars:

Re: engine cut out, now won't start

Post by oneday »

sounds like you need to get it on a lexia
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Re: engine cut out, now won't start

Post by Timmo »

i'd be tempted to have a quick look at the earthing points/leads, maybe try the old earth from the battery to engine just incase, could be ones broken down??
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor