undetected.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IrfanIbrahim
My Cars:

undetected.

Post by IrfanIbrahim »

it was months ago when a friend of my father offer him to get our car tested on computer, not sure what type but it can certainly read C5, unfortunately it cannot be read, from engine to other part such as gearbox. past few years my mother had the car flooded (half of the car in water) by a junction of clogged drain during heavy rain. #-o
it had a good one solid month to repair and be able to drive again. unfortunately after few years, my father had an accident (a terrible one) that had crumpled the front bonnet rather badly and had a good few weeks to be repaired. so i guess any one of this incidence had damaged the wiring that lead to unreadble data by computer? gladly the car still runs briliantly even today, although the fear of bigger problems could happen (such as no ignition at all) . i wonder anyone ever had this kind of problem? :roll:
1994 Xantia 2.0I

Keep calm & drive a xantia!
andmcit
My Cars:

Re: undetected.

Post by andmcit »

I wouldn't worry about the car locking you out and not starting with the Xantia you have.
If there was an issue with the wiring it would be causingh troubles for you now. The real
threat to any car's wiring is rodents getting in and chewing it or bad cable protection which
are both quite rare occurences.

As far as using Lexia on your car, not every kit has the older OBD connection that is fitted
on your 1994 car which could explain why it wasn't picked up.
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
citronut
My Cars:

Re: undetected.

Post by citronut »

unless 1994 Malaysian XANTS were different to UK cars it should have the 30 diagnostic socket, not the 16 pin OBD
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years