Xantia Instrument Panel Removal.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi Guys

Ive just done the dash bulbs on my td xantia there were about seven gone and also the clock was out so was the heater switch bulbs. I had to replace the heater switch anyway because someone had broken off the air circulation knob, anyway after removing the steering wheel and shrouds and replacing the bulbs my problem was getting the bottom shroud back on.

That bottom back screw was a real pain to get back on it wouldn't go back in. A couple of times it dropped inside the shroud after id put one of front screws in i finished up breaking the bottom shroud were it lips over that little metal piece where the screw goes through pulling on it trying to get the screw back out.

So it was down the scrappes to get a replacement shroud and a new heater switch what a game it was and the shrouds are akward i found but apart from that i found the job quite easy (but time consuming)

pete....................
Last edited by pete@co.uk on 10 Sep 2006, 21:14, edited 2 times in total.
Drives
51 Reg Citroen C5 SX 2.0 16v
frankielunn

Post by frankielunn »

i agree totally with you pete....had exactly same probs as you experienced, just got lucky but oh what a fiddly job with those shroud screws.
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi Franklunn

I know Frank there a right pain but i got there in the end. i suppose you could call it one the traits about owning a Citroen nothings that easy. But it was worth it all to see the dash iluminated again as it should.

Pete.......................
Drives
51 Reg Citroen C5 SX 2.0 16v