Citroen AX Miami 1.1 Overheating

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernieb

Citroen AX Miami 1.1 Overheating

Post by bernieb »

Hi Guys ,
Need some serious help here. Have the above car which keeps on running very hot and sometimes overheats if you dont keep an eye on the water.
Have no leaks whatsoever , new water pump , new head gasket , new rad , cannot find any blockages in the water system . Electric fan works and stays on constant once on . Thermostat ok. BAFFLED!!!! Any ideas cos its getting to me.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Have you checked the thermostat in a pan of water? Is the rad cap OK? Have you bled the system correctly of air? Is the ignition timing spot on?
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

Have you bled the cooling system. has the car got a temp gauge if it hasnt how do you know the motor is overheating dont trust a gauge reading get a multimeter with a temp sensor built in and put it in the coolant in the header tank and read of the temp. does it have any other symtoms i.e excessive pressurisation.
Just out of interest if it has a temp gauge what is the reading. And if i were you id change the themostat with new one. Saying that my zx 1.4i been running slightly hotter since having the coolant and water pump changed but until it goes too near the red for comfort i not going to do anything about it at the moment.