BSI swap

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

horinkova

BSI swap

Post by horinkova »

Hi guys, I’m still trying to sort out my electric issue on my Berlingo Multispace and I would need your opinion on this. Is it possible to take bsi, ecu, fuse box, ignition and central locking from Berlingo van 1,9d 2004 and use it on my 1,9d 2003 Multispace without any reprograming? Does it have same fuse box etc.?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: BSI swap

Post by spider »

This could be difficult as there's variations with fusebox's even on the same year it seems.

You'd want the instrument panel as well in most cases too as well as the transponder and the cph if its not part of the BSI
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
horinkova

Post by horinkova »

Thanks for taking time to replay.
I'm sorry, what is sph?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The control module for the transponder, it may be built into the BSi on later models, I'm not 100% sure though.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You would need the Injection ECU, BSI & a transponder chip all from the same car, The under bonnet fusebox is not coded to the car in any way. If you use a BSI with a higher milage it will permanantly write the higher milage to your instrument panel, There is no CPH on this model as they were replaced by the BSI. If it's the 1.9 non HDi model you may also need the stop solenoid from the injection pump aswell as I think that may be matched to the ECU.
The only coding you would then need to do is to change the VIN in the BSI so that it matches the on in the radio or you will get an anoying beep every few seconds but it wont stop the car starting if you dont do this.
horinkova

Post by horinkova »

Thanks guys for taking an interest. I know it would be easier and more sensible to send my BSI unit to be virginised, but then it needs to be reprogrammed back to the car and I really cannot find anyone who would do it for me. Therefor I was looking for other solution to solve this annoying problem. This is what I can get: "ecu kit for citroen van from 02 plate to 05. its got both fuse boxes, ecu, ignition barrel, and steering shaft, and chip key with it, also central locking and door lock mechanism and fuel cap."
All I know is thats from Berlingo van 1,9d 2004. Do you think its worth a try?
horinkova

Post by horinkova »

wheeler wrote:You would need the Injection ECU, BSI & a transponder chip all from the same car, The under bonnet fusebox is not coded to the car in any way. If you use a BSI with a higher milage it will permanantly write the higher milage to your instrument panel, There is no CPH on this model as they were replaced by the BSI. If it's the 1.9 non HDi model you may also need the stop solenoid from the injection pump aswell as I think that may be matched to the ECU.
The only coding you would then need to do is to change the VIN in the BSI so that it matches the on in the radio or you will get an anoying beep every few seconds but it wont stop the car starting if you dont do this.
Hi again, so I do not have to change receiver for key transponder? I was planing just to swap the blades between key fobs, but original key is button one with remote and the one for new BSI is solid plastic with no buttons. I can get the blade out from button key, but not from "new key" and I don't know where exactly is the chip in it. Do you think, that I can remove receiver ring from ignition barrel and tape "new key" to it and then used my original key to start a car? If so, do I have to remove a chip from my original key.
horinkova

Post by horinkova »

OK, I bought secondhand BSI,ECU unit, ignition barrel and the key. Was given VIN code of the vehicle and was told that it had around 80 000ml . I think you know where I am getting with this. Now I have 235 000ml on the clock instead of my original 122 000ml and I couldn’t get the thing started anyway. What an old fool I am. I didn’t have much time to play with it, just plugged new BSI and ECU in, then slit plastic receiver from original barrel and tape new key to it in attempt to trick immobiliser and used my original key to crank ignition. Engine was turning but wouldn’t start. Either I am missing something or new key is not coded to BSI.