Suspension pump not running

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Philjw
My Cars:

Suspension pump not running

Post by Philjw »

Hi All,
Today on the way to work the screen in the C5 flicked up a suspension fault warning. It had gone when it was time to come home but soon reappeared and I limped the 30 miles home at 50.
As far as I can tell, the pump is not running. It doesn't make any noise when opening the doors and the car won't respond to the suspension height adjustment button.
Can any one tell me which of the fuses feeds the pump? None of the visible under bonnet fuses in the box behind the battery seem to be gone. To get to the main wiring that runs to the pump, do I have to remove the LDS tank? And must I depressurise the system to do that? I need to find out if there is voltage across the feed. Alternatively, would a lexia be able to diagnose the fault without all that stripping down?
Phil

05 C5 Estate 2.0 16v + 05 C4 Hatchback 2.0 16V
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Suspension pump not running

Post by myglaren »

The fuse is one of the MAXI fuses that live under the normal fuse box in the engine bay.

Fuse #8

Image courtesy of Cloggz

There is a recent thread covering an almost identical problem Phil.
Philjw
My Cars:

Re: Suspension pump not running

Post by Philjw »

Hi Myglaren,
Thanks for the reply. Sorry to be thick but can you tell me how to get to the maxi fuses? From the top view I see a board of fuses with an oval connector in the middle. Do I have to remove this somehow to see the view of the maxi fuses you have posted. I'd have said that the car in the post you linked to was the same facelift model as mine.
Phil

05 C5 Estate 2.0 16v + 05 C4 Hatchback 2.0 16V