2009 C5 Estate nearside rear wheel noises ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bigjimmy
My Cars:

2009 C5 Estate nearside rear wheel noises ?

Post by bigjimmy »

As a caravan site owner here in the Dordogne we have a lot of visitors some of whom have experienced problems with their cars.

Currently we have the owner of a 2009 Citroen C5 estate (2.0HDi automatic) that has only covered 30,000 miles from new.

The car has been owned from new and the driver isn't a hard driver (supported by the very even tyre wear) and yet on his way down through France he heard this noise from the nearside rear wheel and took the car into a garage, where they discovered the inner one of the nearside rear brake pads was totally worn out and that the disc was very badly scored so the garage fitted two new rear discs and pads.

On arrival here he was complaining about a "wooshing / rubbing" noise coming from the same rear corner so I jacked up the car, removed the wheel and took a very close look at the disc and pad and could see absolutely nothing wrong and that the (automatic) handbrake appeared to be working properly, I also checked for any bearing play and couldn't detect any.

Would any of you very knowledgeable folk have any idea what might be wrong ? OH and furthermore, what torque setting should the wheel nuts for the alloy wheels be done up to, I did tham at 65 ft lbs but then thought, ah it is on alloys and they are sometimes somewhat higher ?