Xantia S2 Exhaust

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sam KS
My Cars:

Xantia S2 Exhaust

Post by Sam KS »

I need to replace my rear muffler (resonator) and pricing for Euro stuff over here in the land of Oz i was wondering about getting a muffler shop to just stuff a universal one on there. i have been told this makes them loud and that's not what i'm after. slightly deep or that euro raspy is ok but stock is fine (better) with me. i just don't want it sounding like a jap car.

what do you guys think? also can you suggest any one for a replacement part? i have tried euro car parts UK but cant get it to quote me on freight unless i give them my credit card (and probably just send it).
Citroën Xantia 75th Anniversary Limited Edition
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Re: Xantia S2 Exhaust

Post by Timmo »

most custom exhaust shops should be able to build you a back box to your spec. so you should be able to get one made up to a similar level to the std one,
a universal one will most likely be somewhat lacking in baffles and this making it sound like a underpowered over exhausted car!! - the sound Most lad's 1.1 saxo's make!!

you could go the while hog and get a system made up in stainless from the downpipe back, no exhaust worries again then!!!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor