Xantia MK2 Lighting Issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sam KS
My Cars:

Xantia MK2 Lighting Issues

Post by Sam KS »

Sorry to do another post so quick but i have just been searching and have hod no joy. Today i had my steering wheel off and plastics for the steering column. after putting it all back on again i now have no dash lights.

also am i supposed to have lights on the gear change (auto) in the centre column or is there only the dash indicator?

finally can any one tell me how i get to the hi level brake lights in the hatch back. i can see them but the only way i can see to change them involves a saw. (owners manual only points it out with no reference to how or what regarding replacement.))
Citroën Xantia 75th Anniversary Limited Edition
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia MK2 Lighting Issues

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh, Sam, I'll bet when you had the steering wheel cowls off you forgot to plug the dimmer control back in. We've all been there...

Yep, the auto selector should be lit up but I believe it's on the same circuit as the dash lamps so fixing one should do the other... If you need to cvhange the auto selector bulb it's necessary to gently remove the surround and very gently prise off the black legend panel, the one with PRND and so on on it... The bulb can then be seen and extracted with a tight rubber tube to grip it.

The rear brake light is got at from the back of the tailgate. You'll see just about behind the light on the inside a rubber plug or bung. Remove this and then you can see a spring clip. Using a decent sort of tool, Push the clip toward the light assembly whilst pushing outward and whilst someone breaks their fingernails getting hold of the very edge and helping it out. It's bloody tricky and a two-person job really...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...