Xantia Siren going off.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JSladen

Xantia Siren going off.

Post by JSladen »

Hi,

I have an issue with my S2 Xantia, in that when it is parked, after an indeterminate amount of time the siren will go off, and the only way to shut it up is to disconnect the battery.

It is only the siren, not the alarm, as the lights don't flash, and If I use the plip to unlock, or put a key into the ignition it doesn't stop either. I can start the engine and drive away, and it will still be going off!

When I get out I always disable the ultrasonics, so it's not that issue. I've already dug around to reach the CPH, and checked the wires there are nice and solid, so I'm wondering if anyone might have an idea what could be causing this, and how to fix it?
ZX 1.9D -> Xantia S2 1.9TD -> Xantia S2 1.9TD Estate [now gone]
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Xantia Siren going off.

Post by spider »

The cause is usually the ultrasonics I have found on some models (I know you've disabled them via the button when getting out ?)

It may be worthwhile temporarily unplugging them if practical to then see if it still misbehaves or not. I would not 100% rely on the disable control for them. I don't think they will require a resistor to be tricked, I think just unplugging them will suffice for a test.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Sam KS
My Cars:

Post by Sam KS »

i might be wide of the ball here but i had a Ford Telstar (Mazda 626 badge swap) and the + and - plates in the horn switch in the steering wheel would touch when it got hot. either that of the humidity. but it gets bloody hot and humid here. the only answer for mine was to either replace the steering wheel (horn switch) or in my case, disconnect the horn switch and wire up a momentary switch on the dash.
Citroën Xantia 75th Anniversary Limited Edition
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The alarm siren is a separate thing to the horn and lives behind the washer reservoir behind the bumper. It's a bumper off job to get at it and I'd suspect you're on the right track Sam in that moisture has got onto its connector or inside the siren and has given it a bit of a bellyache.

I've a spare one here if it would be any good to you. Collect from CXM, make a small donation to the ME Association and it's yours...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
JSladen

Post by JSladen »

Cheers for those suggestions, I'll have a dig around for the siren next time I've got a few minutes free, and see if there is anything looking iffy/corroded in there.

Annoyingly I was half way there for an alternator swap a couple of days ago..
JSladen

Post by JSladen »

Well after giving a few cables a shake and a prod, I've been unable to get the issue to re-occour, so I think this one has to go down as intermittent connections somewhere in the system.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

If you can get access to a Lexia to plug into a S2 Xantia it will tell you what were the last 15 causes of the alarm being set off making diagnosis very easy, Lexia can also turn off the alarm permanently.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
JSladen

Post by JSladen »

I have a (cheap) Lexia, and did that first - the alarm its self is not triggering, so there is nothing in the log, it was just the siren module deciding to go off on it's own.

Don't really want to disable the alarm totally, and I'm not sure it would have fixed the issue anyway.
Still, it appears to be behaving again for the moment...