Old Xantia TV adverts!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cc101

Old Xantia TV adverts!

Post by cc101 »

Timeless! 'Xantia The Car To Eclipse All Others'

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris.
Last edited by cc101 on 03 Sep 2012, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Xantia 1.9 TD 1993 (sinker)
cc101

Re: Old Xantia TV adverts!

Post by cc101 »

This advert was directed by Ridley Scott!!
Xantia 1.9 TD 1993 (sinker)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Very nostalgic. Does anyone remember the ad for the BX estate with a fish tank in the back?

Peter
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Peter.N. wrote:Very nostalgic. Does anyone remember the ad for the BX estate with a fish tank in the back?

Peter
Bizarrely I think that advert was actually for something made by BL wasn't it, if its the same one I'm thinking of? A Morris Marina or Ital estate rather than a BX? They took two estate cars, a Marina ( I think) and a Cortina mkv, put a large aquarium full of water in the back and drove them over something resembling a huge cattle grid, the people in the Cortina got soaked but the ones in the other car didn't. It was circa 1980 or 1981, so too early to be a BX?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

You are probably right, I never have had the best of memories, I probably thought about it in retrospect and applied it to the BX :oops:

I don't see why a BL car of the time should have a particularly good ride, I think they were like the Minor, torsion bars on the front and leaf springs at the back, the van was anyway, unless I've got that wrong as well :?

Peter
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Peter.N. wrote: I don't see why a BL car of the time should have a particularly good ride, I think they were like the Minor, torsion bars on the front and leaf springs at the back, the van was anyway, unless I've got that wrong as well :?

Peter
Nor do I. If I have remembered correctly then perhaps the only positive thing that could be said about the Marina was that its ride wasn't quite as a harsh as the Cortina's !
I could have understood it with one of the models with hydragas suspension, but a Marina......I've tried googling the ad but to no avail. I'm fairly sure I would have remembered if it featured a Citroen though as we had a GS estate and a GSA hatch in the family at the time, and our neighbours had a CX estate.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

I had a Marina van, prior to that I had a couple of Minor vans and the suspension set up looked pretty well the same, I think most vehicles of the time had a softer ride, partly attributable to cross ply tyres. :-D

Peter