hello everybody and my first post about my zx

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jgs600
New User

hello everybody and my first post about my zx

Post by jgs600 »

Well after many years i needed another car for a runabout so bought a nice little citroen zx 1.9 diesel auto.
Its a great car and i love it to bits.its got the bosch pump fitted too so loves my biodiesel.
My only gripe is the auto box.....it not like my auto box on merc 250 thats for sure.
It changes up fine but when its in top gear if i slow to about 40mph it changes down to 3rd so the revs stay quite high then once i get to about 44mph she will drop back into top gear. My merc box just idles when i take my foo off the gass.
Also when in top gear doing about 70mph the revs sit about 2800rpm. Does all this sound about right......?????
Cheers guys :-D
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: hello everybody and my first post about my zx

Post by citroenxm »

Welcome to FCF firstly!

Im no autobox expert, but to me, Yup ALL sounds perfectly fine..

The change up is to assist in ebgine braking so your brakes dont wear out too quickly.. Its a nice feature, because if a box disconnects and the engine goes to idle theres no engine braking and less control!

All sounds right, your next task is to keep ontop of the fluid condition and change it every 6k or so to keep the box in working order.

The ZX autobox is a ZF box, however that one is a fully mechanical box and the whole ZF family of box's from this eira, certainly in the citroens all hold onto 3rd to about 44mph, etc. The Merc box is probably a more modern electronically controled box..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
jgs600
New User

Re: hello everybody and my first post about my zx

Post by jgs600 »

Thats great thanks for the reply. Ive changed the atf already just so i know its got fresh oil in.