Axle Stand Locations - Citroen Xsara

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dandare1980
My Cars:

Axle Stand Locations - Citroen Xsara

Post by dandare1980 »

Hi,

I thought I had better start this as a new post, but this is relevant to a clutch change if that makes any difference.

Where on the front of the car is it safe to place axle stands so the front of the car can be lifted clear off the ground?

The Haynes manual suggests jacking under the centre of the front subframe using a block of wood to protect it from the head of the jack, then resting the car down on the jacking points on the sills.

I know on the rear of the vehicle you can jack up in the centre of the rear axle tubular crossmember and use the sill jacking points or the crossmember itself for the stands.

How high do I need to be to allow clearance for the gearbox removal?

Any practical advice most welcome.

Dan.
1998 Citroen Xsara 1.9 D Estate (XUD9A indirect injection engine DJY with Bosch XUD 211 injection pump).
oneday
My Cars:

Re: Axle Stand Locations - Citroen Xsara

Post by oneday »

place stands under the sill jacking points one each side is enough. the gearbox does not need to be removed there is enough room in the engine bay to move box to one side and have enough room to replace the clutch
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
dandare1980
My Cars:

Re: Axle Stand Locations - Citroen Xsara

Post by dandare1980 »

Thanks oneday, that would be truly super if I don't have to drop the box out of the engine bay.
1998 Citroen Xsara 1.9 D Estate (XUD9A indirect injection engine DJY with Bosch XUD 211 injection pump).