Xantia cruise control swap/retrofit?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Xantia cruise control swap/retrofit?

Post by andmcit »

I have two '94 Xantia 2.0i VSX autos and want to swap over the cruise control. I can see the tangible additional stalk
and AFAIK there's an additional cable but can anyone walk me through what parts I need to remove to swap the whole
system over between the cars?

Thanks!
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You need the violet relay, which in S2 cars is under the dash in the fuse panel - not certain on S1.

On a '94 I parted out the cruise box (silver Hella control box) was above the glovebox in an utter bâtard location. Look for the harness connector wrapped in brown or black foam and tucked away nearby.

With the column shrouds off, there is the maroon socket foam wrapped and tucked into the space between column top and dash cluster.

The push switch may be in a variety of locations; possibly look for a yellow socket on the right of your tiller.

In the engine bay you need the vacuum bellows and throttle cable.

Under the battery tray you mount the vacuum pump with its round Hella plug and regular Bosch blue connector. The vacuum hose has a joiner in it so you can install from each end, and split corrugated tube to cover against chafing. Route it sensibly to the bellows.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Xantia cruise control swap/retrofit?

Post by xantia_v6 »

I believe that on a mk1 the cruise relay is in the plastic box behind the rear of the RH front wing.
Don't forget the brake switch!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

xantia_v6 wrote:I believe that on a mk1 the cruise relay is in the plastic box behind the rear of the RH front wing.

Yep, that's were it is :twisted: Only Citroen could have put it there...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
xantia_v6 wrote:I believe that on a mk1 the cruise relay is in the plastic box behind the rear of the RH front wing.

Yep, that's were it is :twisted: Only Citroen could have put it there...
hmm. I'm not so sure. If it were Saab, they'd have put it in the boot under the spare wheel well. Just like they put the sunroof motor in the boot on the C900
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Thanks everyone - just to be clear, am I looking for a specific separate loom then
or do these plug in to the main generic loom?
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Sockets are simply branches off the adjacent harnesses. There's no specific "loom" for factory cruise, although it would not be hard to fabricate.