auto dipping rear view mirrors on C5 comfort?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

os72
My Cars:

auto dipping rear view mirrors on C5 comfort?

Post by os72 »

Hi!
I have a Citroen C5 Hdi 140 Comfort - 2010. I have now tried to activate the auto dipping rear view mirrors in Lexia and managed to get the no to yes in the BSI settings. It still doesn't work. Have any of you managed to program this function in Lexia and get it to work? Is it possible at all?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: auto dipping rear view mirrors on C5 comfort?

Post by myglaren »

Don't you have to adjust them with the engine running and reverse selected?
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I saw this option in the Lexia and enabled it in there. However it had no effect on the car :lol:

To get the dip mirror you do as Steve says, put the car in reverse and set the mirror to where you would want it when reversing. When you take it out of reverse it restores the original position. However only if it has dipping mirrors working ..
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
os72
My Cars:

Post by os72 »

Citroenmad wrote:I saw this option in the Lexia and enabled it in there. However it had no effect on the car :lol:

To get the dip mirror you do as Steve says, put the car in reverse and set the mirror to where you would want it when reversing. When you take it out of reverse it restores the original position. However only if it has dipping mirrors working ..
That was just what I was wondering, is it possible to get it to work with the help of Lexia? I've tried the the above adjustments (the reverse, engine running and so on) but wondered if I've forgot something in Lexia. Obviously you've tried the same thing as me (with the same result). Am I hunting a ghost...? :wink:
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I took a keen interest after posting my above comment and have spent the last hour sat in the car in the garage with the lexia. :roll:

I tried to activate the folding mirrors, it told me they were activated and also elsewhere in the menus. However they dont fold.

I then tried to activate the dipping reversing mirror, which was already activated from my previous attempts. It doesnt dip in reverse, even after adjusting its position while in reverse.

From what I can gather, the folding mirrors are, as the Lexia states, multiplexed mirrors. I mention the folding ability as all C5s with folding mirrors have the reverse dip and ones without dont. Also pretty much most electrical items on the car can be operated through the Lexia, however the mirrors can not be. If they can be I didnt find them. Leading me to believe cars without standard fit folding/dipping mirrors are not multiplexed.

So unfortunately it does not seem as easy as ticking a box and having the dipping reversing mirrors :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
os72
My Cars:

Post by os72 »

Citroenmad wrote:I took a keen interest after posting my above comment and have spent the last hour sat in the car in the garage with the lexia. :roll:

I tried to activate the folding mirrors, it told me they were activated and also elsewhere in the menus. However they dont fold.

I then tried to activate the dipping reversing mirror, which was already activated from my previous attempts. It doesnt dip in reverse, even after adjusting its position while in reverse.

From what I can gather, the folding mirrors are, as the Lexia states, multiplexed mirrors. I mention the folding ability as all C5s with folding mirrors have the reverse dip and ones without dont. Also pretty much most electrical items on the car can be operated through the Lexia, however the mirrors can not be. If they can be I didnt find them. Leading me to believe cars without standard fit folding/dipping mirrors are not multiplexed.

So unfortunately it does not seem as easy as ticking a box and having the dipping reversing mirrors :lol:
This is interesting! My car have the folding mirrors (as yours don't if I understand you correctly?). So maybe there is a chance to get this to work. It's not the most important feature to have in a car but I have noticed a lot of times when it should be really handy to have it.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i always thought the auto dip mirror feature is to automatically dip the mirrior when some ignoramus is trying to melt the mirror with there head lamps,

my daughters 02 Pisssscasoooo does just that
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

this is the nearside mirror Malcolm.. moves down to show kerb view when reversing.. Xant auto exclusives had it.. useful feature really. ;)

The auto dim? feature is something else.. my coupe has it but I don't think it has ever worked.. think they wear out if you only go out at night :)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

jgra1 wrote:this is the nearside mirror Malcolm.. moves down to show kerb view when reversing.. Xant auto exclusives had it.. useful feature really. ;)
aaaah this was not clear to me from the description at the top of this thread =P~ :oops: :wink:
jgra1 wrote: The auto dim? feature is something else.. my coupe has it but I don't think it has ever worked.. think they wear out if you only go out at night :)
i would think they get stuck in dip mode with all the wrongly adjusted head lamps these days :evil: :roll: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Dont know about the new C5 but on the original C4 the dipping n/s mirror only works on models with electric seats, think it uses the same memory control unit to operate it.
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

Citroenmad wrote:I took a keen interest after posting my above comment and have spent the last hour sat in the car in the garage with the lexia. :roll:

According to the docs I have the implication is that the mirrors are controlled from door control module i.e comfort CAN bus to module discreet wires from there, However I I doubt that that is completely true, The switches are read and put on the CAN bus to the BSI but the driving of the mirrors will be done in the BSI, which is why you have to enable them in the BSI menu. Simple question are you leaving the mirror switch selected to the LH mirror if not so selected it doesn't dip least ways on the Mk1 and I doubt that Mk2's will be different. The reverse dipping mechanism and the folding mechanism are completely separate functions so I don't see why you need to have an electrical folding mirror to get revers dip as the dip function uses the same motor that is used to adjust the view of the mirror.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
os72
My Cars:

Post by os72 »

Interesting with all the inputs! No one with the Comfort model who has the dipping function?
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Is the Comfort your trim level? Its not a UK spec :)
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Bob1954

Post by Bob1954 »

I will check this in the morning and update, never had occasion to bother with it TBH, even if it is the handbook.
CoNfort is the model I have (in LHD), but did not realise it was released over there, as was led to believe only Exclusives had the hydraulics in the UK.....Well well....
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Bob1954 wrote:I will check this in the morning and update, never had occasion to bother with it TBH, even if it is the handbook.
CoNfort is the model I have (in LHD), but did not realise it was released over there, as was led to believe only Exclusives had the hydraulics in the UK.....Well well....
In the newest shape C5 only the UK Exclusives get the hydractive suspension, all others are coil sprung. Unless its an auto, which gets hydractive too.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10