2000 Xsara 1.4i Clutch Cable

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

2000 Xsara 1.4i Clutch Cable

Post by tim leech »

My cousin has bought a cheapy little Xsara as a run about, its a nice little motor but the cable seems to be really sticking, ive offered to assist him to fit it, wonder what kind of a job it is, ive done them before on older cars.

Cheers!
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 2000 Xsara 1.4i Clutch Cable

Post by spider »

If its the same as the 306 its not bad at all really. Be aware it may pass between the AC pipe work on the bulkhead area, this looks impossible to do (it won't fit!) however you can undo a bolt and the bracket on the pipework will move, allowing the pipes to move, not much about an inch but its enough.

Caution: Don't undo the nut where it goes into the bulkhead area, this is the clamp holding the pipes on (!) its a bracket bolt you are undoing. If in doubt don't undo it. I seem to think the bracket bolt is on the inner wing area, possibly via the wheel arch. Trouble is these things / locations do vary between a 306 and a ZX / Xsara.

Book time is about 0.7 or 0.8 if I remember correctly, so allow a good hour if you've not done one before.

Generally its OK, a bit of a fiddle to get the end on the pedal but apart from that OK. 99% sure its a self adjusting cable on these too.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG