Help with diagnostic code P0215 (C5 est ('08) 2.0 HDi 137)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

markflip

Help with diagnostic code P0215 (C5 est ('08) 2.0 HDi 137)

Post by markflip »

Car occaisionally cuts out instantly with no pre-symptoms and in different driving conditions, it did it twice just after I bought the car, showed fault code P0215. I cleared it, went for six weeks no trouble but it's started again now, same fault code shown and indicates it is fuel supply relay. Can anyone shed any more light on this and give me a clue to where the fuel supply relay is please????

The car looses power, the dashboard 'bongs' and flashes up 'ESP/ABS fault' then 'engine management fault' then 'oil pressure too low' in quick succession. The engine management light goes out on restart and it has always restarted immediately once stopped and the key turned off and on again - it won't restart while rolling though and this fault is potentially dangerous so I want to get it sorted asap - I will be notifying VOSA when I can source the cause.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Help with diagnostic code P0215 (C5 est ('08) 2.0 HDi 13

Post by wheeler »

The fuel supply relay is an integral part of the under bonnet fuse box.
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

yep, fuse box under the bonnet. loose wire in it I was told.

dealer fixed it under warranty and never had the problem since :)
markflip

Post by markflip »

Thanks guys, intermittent faults are such a pain, but I'll give the fuse box connections a good clean up and see how it goes.

@hdi_man - I take it you had the same problem then?
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

yes exactly the same, power cutting out on motoway and at a roundabout, de-pollution light flashing. stop engine and restart and everything was OK again.

never happened again after fuse box was replaced / fixed
markflip

Post by markflip »

I hate it when main dealers say things like 'a loose wire' - I'm sure sometimes it means we know there's a faulty part which we've replaced on the sly, but don't want it common knowledge!

I've dismantled the fuse box, cleaned out half a pound of dead flies from underneath it and disconnected and reconnected everything, no obvious signs of loose plugs, corroded pins or broken wires etc. I can see what look like several relays 'inside' the panel of the fuse box itself, but they look to be cast in resin with no way of getting to them, so I guess it'll be a new fuse box assembly if it repeats - fingers crossed it won't, just a case of wait and see now though.......

Thanks again for the pointers :-)
markflip

Post by markflip »

Well, after driving over well 1,000 miles without a hitch since my 'tinkering', it's suddenly started to cut out again, worse than ever now, can't drive it with this fault, it's just not safe :-(
Bitten the bullet and it's going for a main stealer diagnostic on Friday, let's see what that shows up....
ihatecars
My Cars:

Post by ihatecars »

markflip wrote: ..main stealer diagnostic ....
:-D I've learnt a new phrase. With this type of fault, I do feel to be at the mercy of the dealers, I know this is how the business operates.
markflip

Post by markflip »

Actually I was pleasantly surprised by Trinity Citroen in Nuneaton. OK, they insisted in doing their own diagnostic at 45 quid to tell me what I'd already told them and they agreed with the advice here that the engine compartment fuse box was the source of the fault (and did cough to that being a problem they'd seen before). The fuse box itself is £57.59 +VAT and they wanted £165 for the fuse box, fitted inc vat, so to my shame I let them do it - while it would be easy enough to change myself, I'm very short of free time just now and I'd then have to drive a couple of hours to my mate or pay someone else to clear the fault codes etc, so thought I'd let them do it and be done with it (and I was expecting to pay 165 quid+ for the fuse box itself, which helped convince me LOL) They washed and vacced the car too, which was in a right state (it's the wife's) so she's happy.

I'm assuming that the fuse box doesn't have to be 'paired' with the ECU via the CAN bus and it is just a case of physically swapping it over in case anyone else is thinking of doing it (wheeler?)???

part number for fuse box (on my invoice anyway) is 9675877980 for info
markflip

Post by markflip »

Thought I'd just add a line on here that the car has been 100% flawless since the fuse box was replaced 18 months ago, so it was £200 well spent :)
whistler
My Cars: Citroen '08 C5 2.0 diesel tourer

Re: Help with diagnostic code P0215 (C5 est ('08) 2.0 HDi 137)

Post by whistler »

I am having the same problem with the engine cutting out for a couple of seconds and then going to reduced power, I get the depollution system faulty, esp fault and low oil pressure. I have 2 fault codes, P0245 - Turbo pressure regulation short to earth or pressure to high and P0215 - injection system supply relay (stage 1) opening to rapidly or still jammed when engine turned off. Am wondering if both of these could be caused by a fuse box fault?