Engine Oils and Accelerator Cable

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CITMAN
My Cars:

Engine Oils and Accelerator Cable

Post by CITMAN »

My 1995 zx 1.4i is nearly at 80000 miles and I currently use 10w 40 valvoline maxlife 10w 40, there is some valve gear noise when the engine is cold i.e. a bit rattly but when its at operating temp its okay. Do you think that I should start using 15w 40 instead 10w 40 bearing in mind the mileage in which the motor has done know and is bound to have some or a lot wear within the motor.
This weekend I purchased an accelerator cable Part Number N71204 from the gsf's main warehouse in Birmingham and I was little worried not to find the usual soldered nipple at the throttle body end of the cable and just a nipple which screwed on to the end of the cable which then hooked on the throttle in the single point injection unit, will this screwed on nipple be okay in terms of it wont pull off even though i did it up as tight as possible. I then adjusted the cable to have just a tiny amount of free play and was impressed with the performance of the car after fitting the cable as I was concerned because before the performance of the car seemed to drop of over a period of time. It pulls like a train know and the revs whip round quickly.
Well impressed with GSF's main warehouse in Birmingham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Just try 15-40 at the next change and see if it makes any difference to the rattle- I doubt it but its worth a try.
Regarding cables with screw-on nipples, SU carburreteurs had these for donkeys years, not only on the throttle but also the choke, and they worked perfectly OK, just dont overtighten them.....