Got the dreaded anti pollution fuel additive warning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lynnzer

Re: Got the dreaded anti pollution fuel additive warning

Post by Lynnzer »

cachaciero wrote:
Lynnzer wrote:OK guys'gals.
Had it done.
---------------------------------big snip.------------------------------------
So, to my mind the actual removal of the filter to clean it out is also really not needed as it self cleans with the diagnostic equipment. I'll look into this further.
For now though, I'll do without and only do it if I get another warning.

Not really, mini tutorial follows :-)
Carbon produced by normal diesel burns normaly at about 550C carbon produced using eolys treated diesel burns at about 450C. Every so often the regen system kicks in which raises the exhaust temp to 450 ish thus burning off the carbon.
Some driving patterns mean that the normal regen action may not happen so the exhaust starts to clog with unburnt (treated ) carbon.
This is where the Diagnostic Tool / Lexia comes in, it has the ability to force the engine to run an extended regen cycle which will burn off all the EOLYS treated carbon.
cachaciero
Yeah, after seeing the screen on the diagnostic equipment it seems to be the same message, ie an extended forced burn off of eolys treated carbon.
So it's likely I'll still need a flush out of the filter then? 105000 done so I've had pretty good mileage so far.

I just love this model C5 and want to hang on to it for at least another year or two but Citroen seem to have a huge disrespect for their customer base in the prices they charge for relatively minor things.
For instance, I'm driving around with the front offside tyre stem snapped in two. I asked about replacement at the dealers and was told around £70 and a reset charge of the monitor. No way did they even advise me of the possibility of replacing just the stem.
Fortunately I found this out from this gloriously informative forum, paid the £25 for a replacement and will get it fitted for free when I replace the two front tyres next week at my local tyre centre.

I was thinking of going for the new DS5 Hybrid as I guess it should save a fortune on diesel. Brochure details say it will do 74.4 mpg combined. Take 10% off for typical sales pitch, it's still double what I get with the C5 at 34.4 mpg.
It looks nice, feels good to sit in, has a style which is right up to the best but lacks the great suspension of the C5, doesn't have a tourer/estate version which I find useful and doesn't even have the c5's storage of 30gig of music on a hard drive and of course lacks the SIM slot which I find essential. Bluetooth isn't quite the same.
What puts me off more than anything though is the price. At that sort of money you're firmly up against a whingeing wife......
I may reconsider if a 0% offer comes on but in the meantime I've had a couple of bumps recently recently repaired, had the aircon refilled and sorted out and once the tyre valve is done will have a car that is still in pristine condition with full leather et al.
Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer »

I'm adding new info as I have mentioned in the above post that I have obtained a replacement valve stem kit to fit on the front offside wheel.
I had the car into the garage this morning for 2 new tyres and they were OK about fitting the replacement at no cost.
HOWEVER, there's always a however isn't there? the original valve was corroded into place. No matter how much penetrating fluid they put on the valve it just wouldn't move. In the end the sensor body snapped applying pressure to the valve stem to try and release it.
They say they've tried this operation quite a few times with 100% failure rate.
By the time the pressure sensor/valve needs replacement or servicing of any kind the aluminium stem seizes into place.
So, I have an ordinary valve on that wheel now. There's no way I'm paying Citroen prices for a replacement sensor.
For what it's worth, although the idea of a repair valve kit at £25 seems exceptionally good value, you're more than likely throwing your money down the drain.
OH, does anyone know how to switch off the warning of a punctured tyre?
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

OH, does anyone know how to switch off the warning of a punctured tyre?

It CAN be done, Via a Lexia session
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer »

Stickyfinger wrote:OH, does anyone know how to switch off the warning of a punctured tyre?

It CAN be done, Via a Lexia session
Sam thing here. Snapped the damn thing getting it out. £25 wasted. Not the bargain it seems is it?
I didn't bother getting the warning off since I knew what it meant when it popped but yes, it can be Lexia'd.
I ended up with 3 out of action at around the 85000 miles mark; seems corrosion is slow, BUT INEVITABLE.
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Post by oscar »

Hi i'd make sure done before MOT as on the "NEW" list of mot'able items amongst other things is tyre pressure sensors.
also panel lights for anything and tow bar leccy's(take hitch off)
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Re refilling the additive tank I did it on my present C5 and found it to be a very simple task, firstly I bought the additive from Citroen as they now offer a new version (Infineum F7995) which reduces build up of ash on the particulates filter so worth it in the long run, the kit comes comes with the additive, a long length of hose with a tap and a snap connector each end a length of hose with a purple male to male connector, an empty bottle and a net to hang that bottle from when refilling the tank. Having removed a heat shield coving the tank you'll then see a white rectangular panel on the side of the tank with a hose and electric multiplug connection running through it, shine a torch at this panel and you'll be able to see the additive level within the tank, at the rear end of the tank you'll see another hose coming from above the tank into the side of the tank. Remove this hose plug in the refill long hose, slip the shorter length of hose over the now open connection on the tank then slip the empty bottle into the plastic net and hang it from the underside of the car as an overflow tank. Raise the bottle containing additive above the additive tank and allow gravity to do the rest until the tank is full etc. Refit the hose on the tank and heat shield. Use Lexia/Diagbox to reset additive counter job done.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH