Water Leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

axamax
My Cars:

Water Leak

Post by axamax »

1988 BX 1.4RE. RP4400
Just had a problem with one of my coolant hoses. I've managed to bodge it for now, but need to know what hose it is? Where the other end goes? and how awkward it is to replace? It is the one that exits below the water pump and immediately turns towards the rear of the engine compartment just above the clutch operating arm.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Is this the older type BX14 engine - which has the separate waterpump a bit forward to the engine ?
(the later type 14 engines has the pump build into the cambelt drive - hidden behind covers)
I suspect the hose in question is one of 2 hoses running to the cabin heater - behind the engine - at drivers side (on RHD export models).
You may need to jack up the engine & then loosen the engine mountings - to allow the engine swing forward in the engine bay. Then it should be possible to acces the hose.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

It may help you to know that Halfords do a range of plastic hose joiners and elbows.
jeremy<font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono"><font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono"><font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono"><font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono"><font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono"><font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono">