Engine light & airbag light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

imperial21
My Cars:

Engine light & airbag light

Post by imperial21 »

Hi
I mentioned on one of my earlier posts about when i got my C5 it had the engine management light on, I went to the garage and had the fault codes cleared which seemed to do the trick but it re appeared today :( , One of things mentioned when the fault codes where cleared was air flow meter, the rest i am not sure of. So today i took the airflow meter off and gave it a clean off it seemed a little oily , Does that seem right ? and Bingo the light has gone out =D> I changed the air filter a few weeks back and the old one was in very bad condition very mucky and had oil on it, funny i think as the car does nt use oil. Incedently the new filter still looks perfect today with no signs of oil.

Second problem
Airbag light as suggested on my previous post i pulled the passenger carpet up and found a big foam block and under that was 3 connectors i cleaned them with proper elictrical switch cleaner and slid them in and out but has made no difference :x , Light :x is still on i still wonder if its to do with comms 2000 unit as i am sure mine is faulty i am often finding the headlights come on and off on there own which is eritating (my car doesnt have auto lights as its an lx) If i remember rightly years back pugs used to have a problem with the air bag light and that was due to the comms unit has anyone heard the same ?
Thanks
I am starting to quite like the C5 as i get used to it, I want to fit reverse sensors one day as where i park i have to park back to another car and as my car has a tow bar i would like to take some of the guess work out of it !!
Hope fully the clutch is being done next week as i do find the very high biting point annoying, I have bought a solid flywheel conversion kit so i can do away with the dmf.
1999 Xantia exclusive 110BHP !! Now RIP !!
2002 C5 estate 110 hdi, Happily sold on !!!
imperial21
My Cars:

Re: Engine light & airbag light

Post by imperial21 »

Anyone any ideas please ?
1999 Xantia exclusive 110BHP !! Now RIP !!
2002 C5 estate 110 hdi, Happily sold on !!!