LHM Leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Samarkand

LHM Leak

Post by Samarkand »

Hi guys, got a small LHM leak coming from one of my pipes. Suspect a washer may have gone.

Is this easy to do, or will i end up covered in fluid if i undo this nut.

Thankyou
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: LHM Leak

Post by Peter.N. »

This one looks as though it may have an olive or equivilent bulge rather than a rubber seal, I was going to say try tightening it up, but it looks as though you or someone else already has. Providing the system is depressurised you shouldn't loose much fluid checking it out , you can do that by putting the suspension at its lowest setting.

Peter
Samarkand

Post by Samarkand »

Thanks for that, got some LHM on order for this afternoon, if it is an olive would a carspares shop have one.

Thanks for the quick reply.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yep, that's right Peter it's most likely to have an olive as only the earlier (up to about '96) had a 6.35mm rubber seal on this pipe.

It's common for the oilve to get lost if the pipe has been disturbed and looking at how far the union nut is screwed down I'd say this is what has happened... In the past a rubber seal may have been used here in place of the olive and hence the leak...

Pleiades can supply a new one. It's not the kind of this a normal factor would have. It's a two-diameter stepped olive.

Generally all hydraulic unions only need nipping up just so they don't leak. If you feel you need to do them up massively tight then something is wrong. A nip is just enough :wink: :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Put axle stands under the front jacking points so when you depressurise the car will tilt giving plenty of space to work underneath safely.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Samarkand

Post by Samarkand »

Thanks for that, i bought it last month and have only just noticed this, looks like it has been overdone.
Does anyone know what part number to order please as i obviously can't remove it until i get a new one.
Thanks again for all your help.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Samarkand wrote: Does anyone know what part number to order please
Pleiades is by far the very best for this. Give them a call and have a chat with them... They are both very friendly and very helpful...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Samarkand

Post by Samarkand »

Does anyone have an email for Pleiades, i need to order this part asap and think it will be too complicated to explain exactly what i need, a picture speaks a 1000 words.

Thanks
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Martin prefers not to use computer base communications.
Contact details here.
Samarkand

Post by Samarkand »

Ok Thankyou