It's big, it's sleek, it'll be mine next week.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: It's big, it's sleek, it'll be mine next week.

Post by DickieG »

Have you found the way to have the drivers seat move back when you turn off the ignition then return to your preset position when you get back in and turn the ignition on? Should keep you amused for a little while :twisted: :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

On all software versions you should have digital clock on top right and outside temp on left.

With centre display set on normal (i.e. showing date ) you should also have an analogue clock on left. when you go to maps (part screen) the left display changes to a compass however on updating to software 8.2 I get compass on all screens and when on maps I get altitude as a figure in the bottom left.( just figures not a dial type). What it also now gives on route planning is the arrival time (which it didn't do on software 7.11)

qprdude, are you still after downloads? I can see if I can find mine and PM you for contact details if you like.

DickieG, I've found the option for seat and steering wheel but does not seem to do anything. Steering wheel adjustment is manual on mine so wouldn't expect that bit to work, but seats are electric so do tell if you've got it working, similarly if anyone got the audio sockets in the glove box to work do tell how as Citroen say it can't be done.

Mike
UK Midlands currently with C5 (X7) Exclusive 2.0 HDI + 2 Pug 306s (Meridian and L) and a Pug 206L a/c
Previous C5 1 Exclusive 2.0 HDI, Pug 407LX HDI, 2No. Pug 406s LX HDI, Pug 309GLD, Pug 205GL, Pug 505GL, Pug 604SE, Pug 504ti
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

MichaelH wrote:DickieG, I've found the option for seat and steering wheel but does not seem to do anything. Steering wheel adjustment is manual on mine so wouldn't expect that bit to work, but seats are electric so do tell if you've got it working, similarly if anyone got the audio sockets in the glove box to work do tell how as Citroen say it can't be done.
The seat moving back is called the "Welcome function" by Citroen, look on the main menu on the instrument panel, select vehicle parameters/comfort/driver welcome (page 55 in the handbook), TBH I think its a bit of a gimmick because if you have a passenger get in behind you they get crushed when you turn off the ignition :twisted:

The steering column on mine is manual (I don't think there is an electric option offered), I've not tired the audio sockets yet, I wonder if it needs activating with a Lexia, if I remember I'll have a look for it next time I plug Lexia into the car.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

DickieG wrote:Have you found the way to have the drivers seat move back when you turn off the ignition then return to your preset position when you get back in and turn the ignition on? Should keep you amused for a little while :twisted: :lol:

Yep, with my belly it was the first thing I did!
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

MichaelH wrote:On all software versions you should have digital clock on top right and outside temp on left.

With centre display set on normal (i.e. showing date ) you should also have an analogue clock on left. when you go to maps (part screen) the left display changes to a compass however on updating to software 8.2 I get compass on all screens and when on maps I get altitude as a figure in the bottom left.( just figures not a dial type). What it also now gives on route planning is the arrival time (which it didn't do on software 7.11)

qprdude, are you still after downloads? I can see if I can find mine and PM you for contact details if you like.

DickieG, I've found the option for seat and steering wheel but does not seem to do anything. Steering wheel adjustment is manual on mine so wouldn't expect that bit to work, but seats are electric so do tell if you've got it working, similarly if anyone got the audio sockets in the glove box to work do tell how as Citroen say it can't be done.

Mike

Micheal, updates would be good , but having just had an enforced retirement, my funds are a bit low at the moment. So far, my maps have been pretty good, except for a few non existent roundabouts on the A1(M). I'm not sure if I really NEED to upgrade.

Interesting about the electric seats. Do all electric seats have memory function? Without that, it might not be possible to have the "comfort" entry and exit set up.
Rick.

Darners

Post by Darners »

MichaelH wrote: If playing with buttons and you've not found it, use door mirror registrations for reversing - so when you select reverse mirror drops and shows rear wing and as you pull forward it re-sets. Brilliant! (had it on the C5 S1 so I knew it was there)

If not, could it be turned on via Lexia/diagbox ?

Mike
Does anyone know if this works on a VTR + Nav (2009)

Cheers

Craig
Citroen C5 2.0HDi Vtr + Nav 2009

If it has wheels or a skirt, you cant afford it!!
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

There's an option to turn it on via Diagbox (Lexia) which I've done on mine as it was off by default, but I haven't managed to get the mirrors to index yet.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

Map updates: I've found 2 things with TomTom (who seem to be amongst the best for keeping their maps up-to-date)-
1. You'll always come across the occasional new roundabouts, new junctions, changes of priority, new bits of road and changes of road number that didn't make it into the latest update.
2. Most of the time in most places, 3 year-old mapping is 'up-to-date'.
3. The one thing that is worth having is 'safety' camera updates (which with TomTom includes all those changes to speed limits).

If I were buying a modern car, Sat Nav wouldn't be something I'd want (to pay for). I've yet to experience a built-in Sat Nav half as good as my elderly TomTom (usability and accuracy of positioning, speed limits and cameras) - and the updates for many built-in systems cost as much as a complete mid-range TomTom! :shock:

Why should the update costs be in proportion to the size of the screen? :?
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
andy5
(Donor 2022)

Post by andy5 »

These later cars would be even more attractive if they didn't keep getting heavier, so the fuel consumption could improve, and they didn't need to keep stepping up the power to get the same performance.

Would I hope to go for a 1.6 version of this in a few years time? Not sure; it might have to be the 2 litre
bobins
Donor 2023
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Old-Guy wrote:If I were buying a modern car, Sat Nav wouldn't be something I'd want (to pay for)................ - and the updates for many built-in systems cost as much as a complete mid-range TomTom! :shock:

Why should the update costs be in proportion to the size of the screen? :?
.....Depends if you pay Citroen's prices for the updates.... or source them for free on the internet :-D
From what I understand, the updates for the RNEG system are - even if you get them on the day of release - using data that's a nadge under 12 months old. I'd agree with your comments on pricing though - £169.00 for an 'up to date' SD card using old data when you can buy a brand new TomTom with lifetime UK, ROI and Europe map updates for less than that does seem a little short sighted. It's no wonder people hack the built in SatNav systems of cars when prices for updates are that high - market forces take over !
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

I have built in, and a Garmin Navi stand alone but the built in is so much more easy in many ways. The range of brightness/ day and night change/3D and of course the sound are a joy. Being a little hard of hearing, (Eh) I found the Garmin volume was good, but if I was listening to the radio/CD, it was a bit useless as the car system doesn't mute for a stand alone say nav.
The screen size of the Garmin is 4 x 3 inches but the built-in is so much clearer and zoomable (is that a word) that I can actually see and hear the instructions, the time, altitude, distance and time/miles to destination without waking SWMBO! It's still quite understated compared with some of the Built-in sat navs I've seen, which look more like my bloomin TV.
The speed camera recognition (or "hazard areas") as they are called in France are absolutely brilliant, as there is a sharpish double beep as you approach (distance is adjustable) and a low single beep after you have passed.
Add to that, the nice big info screen for us old blind gits to tune the radio etc and I have to say, the built-in is the one for me.
Yes, upgrades are hidiously expensive, but they are nearly as dear from Garmin. There are always ways to get round factory prices though. Brother-in-law has a Honda Accord and they wanted £180 for a euro update. He got a perfectly good disc on Ebay for £29.
Rick.

whatdoesthisbuttondo

Post by whatdoesthisbuttondo »

I have just bought and downloaded the speed camera update, but when I try and extarct the file to the SD card it wants to format the card. Obviously i dont want to format it, but does anyone know a workaround?
Another computer in the house wont even recognise the card (its an older XP machine).
Thanks in advance....
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Can't help. Mine is loaded from CD's. You must have a newer car.
Rick.

bobins
Donor 2023
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

I'm guessing it's just a simple case of unzipping the files to your computer then copying the resulting file(s) to the right place on the SD card.
whatdoesthisbuttondo

Post by whatdoesthisbuttondo »

It WAS just a case of unzpping the files, but both machines I have at home couldnt read the card.I took it to work and did it there on a newer laptop.
The alerts come up on the Nav drive when I approach a camera, but the speed it wrong!, eg it displays 25 when the speed zone is 40mph. I dont think it could be units (KPH Vs MPH) as the kph would be 60 ish in a 40mph zone (also there want any option of selecting units of speed)
Any thoughts?