Xantia Central locking problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Xantia Central locking problem

Post by civvie »

Looking for a bit of help re locking, the central locking works fine on three doors, but the offside rear is dead, I have taken the lock from the rear door off and disconnected it from the wiring. What I am hoping is a bit of light on the various pin voltage combinations, looking at good ole Haynes it shows a two speed motor an a electric switch in the door lock. The connector has five wires 4 white with the numbers printed on them and a green wire. I would like to test these with a multimeter but am not sure what wire goes to what pin as the wires disapear into the moulded plug. Also would like to put a voltage across the pins of the lock to check it thats dead or not.
Is there a central control unit for the central locking?
The model in question is a TD LX model vintage Oct 1997 with cen/locking and deadlocks.
Have just purchase a C5, sods law says things will pack up just as I want to sell the dam thing.
Any help GREATLY appreciated,as I don't want to spend too much on it.
Steve
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Having recently installed a universal fit 5 wire lock in my BX with no instructions I can say that for that lock I found the following:
2 wires (adjacent, on one end of a flat outlet from the motor) power the motor, the change of direction being accomplished by a change in polarity from the controller unit.
3 wires control the internal switch, one common, and one from each switch.
On the BX these were divided into 2 plugs, one with 2 wires and one with 3.
Incidentally the motor simply bolted to the existing mounts and rods without any modification.
Jeremy
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

If you go to the "Common Problems Forum", 3rd item down, you will see the wiring details for Xantia doore locks.