Driver seating position

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CaptainCoddy

Driver seating position

Post by CaptainCoddy »

I'm just under 6ft tall, leggy but no giant.
I have just purchased a Xsara picasso and the drivers seat seems very close to the controls and pedals. Is this normal? I have lifted the bar below the seat and pushed the seat back as far as it can.
Can the seat be removed and set back further from the pedals? :?
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Driver seating position

Post by Lighty »

I have always thought Picasso's a bit rubbish for this, Iam only about 5"7, and still need the seat fully back.
Don't think I could cope well if any taller.think you will have to live with it.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

IIRC there is a seat height adjuster wheel, have you tired using this to get a suitable position?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I found it the other way... I normally have to have the seat right back to get my knees under the steering wheel (I'm about 6', but relatively long legged) - the Picasso is one of the few cars where I don't need to have it right back. Note that there are 2 bars under the seat - a small one to the side which adjusts the seat height, but also brings it forwards, and a longer one under the centre and lower down that allows it to slide back. Check you've got hold of the right one.... :P

I drove the C4 Picasso to Aberdeen and back last weekend, then jumped straight into the Xantia - wow it felt odd - in the Xantia I have to have the seat right back to get my legs in, but then the wheel is a bit of stretch, it felt like I could hardly touch it!
Richard W
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I wonder if your seat has a tilt adjustment? My 406 does and its brilliant because you can bring the front up so that it supports your legs, I find the C5 seat to flat and if its back far enough to comfortably reach the pedals its a stretch to reach the gear lever, I am looking to fit Exclusive seats which appear to have the same tilt adjustments as the 406 i.e. you can raise or lower front or back of seat, makes for very comfortable driving.

Peter
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

If you don't need the room behind the drivers seat often you could take the runners out and redrill 2 new holes a couple of inches back to give you a little more room.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
CaptainCoddy

Post by CaptainCoddy »

Thanks for the replies :-D
I went to a Citroen garage today and i was told that the drivers seat can be moved back but it has to be completely removed and then fixed back in a different holes.
The only problem for me is that to remove the seat safely the seats air bag needs to be deactivated, which means disconnecting the battery.
Trouble is i don't have the Cd/radio code :roll:
How can i find out the code without having to pay for it?
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

CaptainCoddy wrote: How can i find out the code without having to pay for it?
The dealer who supplied the car new will have kept a record of it so that they could do warranty and ongoing work without having to pay Citroen for retrieving the code. If you talk nicely, they may give it to you.

There is also a good chance that they added it to the service notes for the car in the dealer computer network (which is separate from the Citroen UK database), which can be accessed for free by any dealer, but you need a friendly dealer to access that for you.

I was unlucky enough to have a car that was not sold through the dealer network, so even a friendly dealer could not get it without paying.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

On a Picasso the radio isn't coded in the normal way, it's coded to the car using a Lexia so there isn't the facility to enter a code, as I understamd it you can disconnect the battery and not worry about the code due to the above.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CaptainCoddy

Post by CaptainCoddy »

xantia_v6 wrote:
CaptainCoddy wrote: How can i find out the code without having to pay for it?
The dealer who supplied the car new will have kept a record of it so that they could do warranty and ongoing work without having to pay Citroën for retrieving the code. If you talk nicely, they may give it to you.

There is also a good chance that they added it to the service notes for the car in the dealer computer network (which is separate from the Citroën UK database), which can be accessed for free by any dealer, but you need a friendly dealer to access that for you.

I was unlucky enough to have a car that was not sold through the dealer network, so even a friendly dealer could not get it without paying.
Ok thanks for that :) I will contact the dealer.
CaptainCoddy

Post by CaptainCoddy »

DickieG wrote:On a Picasso the radio isn't coded in the normal way, it's coded to the car using a Lexia so there isn't the facility to enter a code, as I understamd it you can disconnect the battery and not worry about the code due to the above.
Thank you for your help :)
I'm going to try and contact the Dealer, hopefully they will back up what you say :)
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I find that in MPV style cars the seats are rather upright and tall, as if you were sitting on a dining room chair.. Unlike a lot of cars where your legs stretch out infront of you, so you need the seat further back.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CaptainCoddy

Post by CaptainCoddy »

Citroenmad wrote:I find that in MPV style cars the seats are rather upright and tall, as if you were sitting on a dining room chair.. Unlike a lot of cars where your legs stretch out infront of you, so you need the seat further back.
The seat is as far back as it can go, but you got me thinking. I've just been out to the car and had a play with the height settings of the seat. Brilliant! :-D as i adjust the height the seat moves further back. I think the seat was set to high.
Sorted!! 8-)
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

An easily solved problem :lol:
Chris