Rear doors = LOCKED!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kwame

Rear doors = LOCKED!!!

Post by kwame »

So, I've got a Citroen C5 -01
And both backdoors went into superlocking and I don't know how to get them up.

I'm pretty sure the childlock = off, I've removed the door card and I've tried both on the childlock and still it didn't work. So I now need to somehow get into the striker mechanism and destroy it.

What's the easiest/best way to reach it without destryoing stuff? (If it's possible) Or is there a better way to get the door open?
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Rear doors = LOCKED!!!

Post by xantia_v6 »

If both doors did it simultaneously, then it is more likely to be an upstream electrical problem than a mechanical failure.
kwame

Post by kwame »

Yeah, both doors did it simultaneously. But how do I check this? I had it to a "Citroen workshop"

They told me that both striker mechanism (lock smth) was burned. But I don't believe them - when I unlock/lock my door I can both hear and feel it, if it was burned they would be completly dead....

I don't believe they checked so many things though.... sadly! They just said "ALL lock mechanism/lockcases = broken" and it would cost me 1800€ to change it, cause the work to get my backdoors open would take like 4-5 hours lol. But how can all be broken when both front doors work perfect?

So let's say it's an electrical problem, how do I fix that then? Or just force it to open so I can unlock my door? A workshop is not something I will do, as last time they just told me it would cost 1800€ and gave me a s**t answer of what the problem was. It's not logical that they are BURNED when I know how a burned lock acts = it's completly dead.
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

check all fuses first.
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
kwame

Post by kwame »

Is it necessary to check all fuses? I've checked just the one about central locking thought it was enough as everything else works fine. But yeah I could check all if you think it could be a fuse-related-problem :)
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

i would check them all but i always do things the long way :(

you shouldn't have to remove them to see if they are blown.
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
kwame

Post by kwame »

I've now checked all fuses inside the car and they were not broken. The fuses I haven't checked are the ones under the hood, it stood in my instructionbook that "Only citroen workshop should check them".
So where to go now? I were out few secs and tried unlocking my car in different ways, I tried both types on the childlock while having both inside and outside doorhandle opened and then locking and unlocking, no success.

But on one setting I two times could feel that the handle got "dragged" back when I locked the car. So the lock is for sure "working" (moving)