Simple question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Re: Simple question

Post by andmcit »

There's a pair of windows that need to unclip and hinge out of the way if the bolts
by using a fine blade screwdriver.
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

andmcit wrote:There's a pair of windows that need to unclip and hinge out of the way if the bolts
by using a fine blade screwdriver.
What Andrew means by windows is little plastic flaps that conceal the screws.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mike, You need to remove all grab handles, the trim around the inside of the sunroof, it's U shaped and delicate, and then pull down all door rubbers and finally ease it down from inside the tailgate. It's bonded here with two large pads of black glue.

Check the drain pipes are securely fitted to the internal sunroof gutters. The rubber pipes join to clear plastic 'collectors' which then attach to the gutters. Often these collectors detach from the gutters. Refit them by bedding them back in using bedding mastic and secure them with a cable tie.

I have a picture somewhere which I'll post when I find it that illustrates this nicely.

Another source of leaks are the roofrack mounting holes under the door gutters. They are blanked by plastic stickers which deteriorate over the years and allows water in. Fill them with silicone sealant if necessary...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mike, here's the picture..

You only need to drop the rear part of the headlining to gain access...

Jim

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

The sun (pah if only) maybe's bright light visors and the clip securing them
also need removal. The headlining will need a fairly hefty tug as it's held up
onto the roof with strong Velcro: it feels wrong twisting it and it creases up
as it's being pulled off but it springs back into shape again without any damage
and none the worse for wear.
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

If you gently pull on the wire attached to the sunvisor, a connector should appear from the space above