C4 GP Ventilation

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

C4 GP Ventilation

Post by RichardW »

Been away this week. Done about 500 miles in the C4GP and really liking it now (SWMBO normally uses it)! Does all that that Xsara Picasso did, but it much better built and thought out! Had an oddity on the way back though - lost the air flow into the car. Was thinking some problem with the pollen filter (which I changed soon after I got it - and still have the scars to prove it, what a stupid bit of design!). However, went out an hour later, and air flow restored :? Thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that the AC evaporator must have iced up and restricted the flow of air. Never had that happen before - I guess it should have a sensor on it to stop this, perhaps it's not working properly. Any one heard of this before? Still, at least if it happens again, I can just knock the AC off for a while to let it defrost!
Richard W
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C4 GP Ventilation

Post by RichardW »

It's done it again on a long run - large puddle formed under the car after stopped, so I'm sure it's the evap icing up. Going to get the AC rechraged first as it doesn't seem as cold as it should be. There is an evaorator sensor shown on service.citroen - and not disasterously expensive. Fitting it though....???? It's near the blasted pollen filter by the look of it :roll: Anybody know if the Lexia clones will talk to later cars?
Richard W
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Re: C4 GP Ventilation

Post by Sl4yer »

Mine works fine with my father's C4GP. Running v45 I think.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto