Xantia Activa... should I buy it ??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Powerman

Xantia Activa... should I buy it ??

Post by Powerman »

I have seen a Feb 1996 (N Reg in UK terms) Xantia Activa 2.0 turbo. Full service history and 63500 miles on the clock. Its been well looked after. Tidy inside and good bodywork. Its got the original alloy wheels and a rear spoiler. It looks very good in metallic red/orange... a popular Activa colour so I'm told. The garage selling it want (UK pounds) 1595.
Sounds like a bargain....does anyone know better ??
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Sounds nice, not wildly cheap because they can be more than the usual nightmare, even by our standards- seek further advice before parting with lolly!
xactiva

Post by xactiva »

they are a fantastic car if all is right , the most complicated of all the hydraulic citroens so lots to go wrong. i love/hate mine. price seems about ok.
biggest down side is that many componenets are only used in this one model. all the spheres except the accumulator are different spec to the regular xantias. gsf only sometimes carry them so you are looking at main dealer prices to replce them. other componets like the roll correcting rams are a special order from france via main dealer with a 4/6 week wait.
like i say i still love mine and put up with the bad times.
Powerman

Post by Powerman »

Thanks Xactiva. I hear what you say.
I would still keep my Xantia TurboD for everyday. I'd use the Activa at weekends or sometimes to go to work in. Thats if I buy it. I'm sure it would be great to have even though problems may crop up.
How would you rate the performance of the 2.0 turbo. Is it as fast as it sounds ?