Can't open my backdoors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kwame

Can't open my backdoors

Post by kwame »

I've got a Citroen C5 -01

So, I'm from Sweden and I'm not used to talking about my car in English, so sorry in advance, but I'll try explain my problem as good as possible.

However, first I couldn't open my backdoors and left front door (just the right one), I could get the left front door open by putting key in and turning and meanwhile it's turned I could open it and the second problem was my tailgate opening for pretty much EVERYTHING. And when I close it - it just locks itself. (same as front door - got it open by turning key, but when closing = closed)

Can't open from inside nor outside.
However, I went to SM Bilar in Sweden, they're specialized on ctiroen&peugeout.

They managed to get the left front door working properly again. So now both my front doors are working. And they think that ALL of my lockcases are burned- but if all are, why are the front doors working?

However, if they would change it, it would cost 1800€ so they thought I should try doing it myself. But what do you guys think? Is it ALL the lockcases?

And how do I open my backdoors when it's "superlocked"? Is there an easy way?

Greetings.
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: Can't open my backdoors

Post by SaabC5 »

Its a known problem with the rear doors, they have been left with the "childlock" setting on and have a nasty habit of not opening again. Thats why i make sure the childlocks are never set on my C5, i use the rear doors all the time!

Opening the rear doors is another matter however, i believe destroying the door card is the only way to access the inner mechanicals to release the door. Its just too tight to be able to access the outside of the door card to release it in situ without damage. :(
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

you dont have to destroy the rear door cards... you actually can get them off with the door shut!

Its the faff of lieing across the back seat with your arm in the door fiddleing with the cildlock switch from inside the door, which you can do but you may need to move the Black lock cover inside first... you can then see the red child lock switch.
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

I stand corrected. Good luck with your door fiddling.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
kwame

Post by kwame »

Can anyone post me screens or some sort of guide so I understand where to start?
Would make my day much easier!