Jul 2004 Berlingo Wipers/Fusebox

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Jul 2004 Berlingo Wipers/Fusebox

Post by addo »

'04 Blingo, petrol. 94120341 last eight.

The 30A wiper motor fuse keep popping immediately. I can blow the fuse with the wiper motor unplugged, with the specific BSI connector unplugged, or with the stalk connection unplugged. Haven't Lexiated it yet, but there will be faults left right and centre from powering up with no airbag etc.

My suspicion is the engine bay fuse panel/PSF is rogered; it's like a relay is sticking. I've not dealt with a CANBUS type wiper motor before; it appears to have a natural ground, two power wires (go to the PSF) and a small feedback wire that goes to the BSI (which presumably then sends a modulation signal to the PSF).

The stalk has been inspected for physical faults, and all clear. It's not original, nor the 96-coded RP specified by Service Citroën - so it may be secondhand. However I believe it has the correct functions.

SC infers the PSF is not encoded; is this true? Can I 100% plug and play from another Blingo?

Thanks, Adam.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Jul 2004 Berlingo Wipers/Fusebox

Post by wheeler »

The under bonnet fuse box on a berlingo 2 is deffo not coded & another one from the same spec of van can be plugged straight in with no issues.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Brilliant; thanks very much.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Ka-ching! $200 later for a used PSF and it was all systems go. Cleared the faults generated in testing and you beauty; it was perfect. Thanks Wheeler.

I noticed a previous dealer visit had accidentally caught and crimped - nearly to the point of severing/shorting - the airbag wires to the steering wheel sac. It's nice to give things back better than you find them (other than the initial fault repaired).

Cheers, Adam.