synergie sliding doors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paulhelliwell2

synergie sliding doors

Post by paulhelliwell2 »

my passenger side sliding door wont open is there a way to bypass the electric side and open it manually
thanks in advance
welshphil7805

Re: synergie sliding doors

Post by welshphil7805 »

Hi.
I am assuming that the door wont open even if you lift the unlock button. If so then the only way I found to open the door was to remove the door trim and pull the lock operating lever. Its a bit of a struggle to do with the door shut but achieveable.
I removed the seat next to the door and unscrewed the door trim screws. There are two screws at the bottom of the trim, one of them hidden under the door oddments bin, where you can fit bottles. Best to compare with the other door because they can be seen easily when the door is open. A screw next to the electric window switch under a cover.
Pull up the lock button and give it a good tug upwards until it comes away from the rod. Then remove the door frame trim at the front of the door,again it just pulls off on clips. It is now just the case of pulling around the trim edges releasing the trim clips. You will need to disconnect the window switch connector. You should carefully pull off the inner door seal(if it is fitted !) You should see the control rods and the long horizontal rod goes to the door lock. I found the if i pulled it hard it opened the door.
Just one thing to remember when refitting the trim make sure you feed the door lock rod up through the trim before screwing it all back together again because it will all have to come off again to get it through the hole. hopefully that will sort it.
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Re: synergie sliding doors

Post by Richard_C »

On mine it sometimes fails to unlock even though it looks like it has. If you pull the outer door handle towards the front of the car, lock and then unlock using the remote, it ususally works. If not, refer to the previous post!
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini