HA3+ spheres on a HA2 car?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

HA3+ spheres on a HA2 car?

Post by xantia_v6 »

Will C5 HA3+ front corner spheres fit a HA2 Xantia? the nominal pressure is a little higher, but it seems to me to be a reasonable idea.

Is it correct (for a C5) that fat pipes going to the strut tops indicate a HA3+ car? (I saw one in a breakers today).
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: HA3+ spheres on a HA2 car?

Post by Deanxm »

interesting idea, are the threads the same between the style spheres and the newer grey kind though, id heard they were different but i know some people have fitted them to xm's in other country's

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: HA3+ spheres on a HA2 car?

Post by CitroJim »

It has to be worth an experiment!
Deanxm wrote:are the threads the same between the style spheres and the newer grey kind though
I believe so. The very last Xantias had some C5 mushrooms fitted and Rattiva still had one as a rear centre hydractive when I acquired her. I'm sure it had been there since new as it was reluctant to come off and when tested was almost perfect...

The only worry is if there is room to accommodate the bigger diameter of the mushrooms on the strut tops and in the rear cylinder enclosures...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...