Xantia HDI front fog lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Taffyrhys
My Cars:

Xantia HDI front fog lights

Post by Taffyrhys »

Hi All

My front fog lights aren't working so i suspect the bulbs are blown, however i've just had a look and they're different from my S1, which just popped out.

It looks like i will have to change the bulbs from the back of the front bumper but is there an easy way to change them as room looks a bit tight? also is there anything else i should check before diving into replacing the bulbs.

Roll on tomorrow night as any old excuse to have a beer and watch the football "Com'on England."

Cheers again

Taff :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
VertVega
My Cars:

Re: Xantia HDI front fog lights

Post by VertVega »

Taffyrhys wrote:... It looks like i will have to change the bulbs from the back of the front bumper but is there an easy way to change them as room looks a bit tight? ...
Front fog light bulbs are difficult to reach. If you remove corner indicator you can reach
the bulb holder a little bit easier. The bulb holder is removed by rotating it 90 degrees and pull.

Today I made a 400 miles (650 km) journey and unfortunately a rabbit crashed into Xantia's bumper.
Xantia's speed was around 100 km/h and it was raining. I just had a short time to brake. Two of the fog light
holders broke, bulb gone. I tried to push the fog light further into its normal position and for this job
I removed headlight and indicator. This way you I had more space for working.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
carpysmith
My Cars:

Post by carpysmith »

Hi Taff.
Have changed a fog light bulb on my series 2 xantia, not a lot of room but if you remove indicator unit(just unclips) you can reach down and do it from hole left where indicator fits in!! its a bit fiddly and you need small hands/arms!!
Bulb holder comes out with a quarter turn (anti clockwise if i remember correctly). Bulbs on mine are h1,s.
Might be worth checking fuses/wiring etc as i wouldn,t have thought both bulbs would blow at the same time though?
Hope that helps!!
Regards
Steve (aka carpysmith)
Xantia 2.0 hdi sx (estate)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

carpysmith wrote:and you need small hands/arms!!
Another reason why having girly hands is a positive advantage in Xantia ownership :lol: :lol: I'm forever grateful for mine. Funny thing is both my daughters have bigger hands than me :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...