It's official - I love my Xantia Hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: It's official - I love my Xantia Hdi

Post by CitroJim »

Stepto1 wrote:Same/comparable gearbox?
Yes, both use the same ML5 although the HDi is a little taller in the gearing...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stepto1
My Cars:

Post by Stepto1 »

Which means an HDI in an Activa will be geared to be quicker but with a lower top speed?
Xantia SX 1.9TD Gone to the breakers
Xantia LX 2.0HDI Taxed and MOT'd at last!
Xantia 1.8 16V SX On loan to brother-in-law
Sportrack off road toy
Series One Land Rover
Thundercat race boat
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

If you used the original 2.0TCT gearbox with an HDi then yes. There's not a huge difference actually as the 2.0TCT pulls some pretty tall gears anyway due to its high and constant torque across the rev range.

Some say a good mod to any Activa gearbox is to fit the 5th gear pinions from an HDi or 2.1TD 'box. This drops 5th gear revs by about 500 rpm or so and improves economy...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...