xantia battery drain

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia battery drain

Post by CitroJim »

allanmc wrote: I see that Jim has already ordered one
Which effectively means it's available to the forum as a whole :wink:

I've been wanting one for a long time so no worries Allan.

Enjoy your holiday :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Post by c.morewood »

Glad to be of help guys.. one good turn deserves another.. thanks for your advice and help with my problems

Chris
Chris
Tesla Model 3 LR DM AWD Blue White
'00 Xant 110HdiSX Est 83K "W"
'99 Xant 110HdiSX Est 320K "V"
'98 Xant 1.9TDSX Est 150K "T"
'97 Xant 1.9TD 20k Est
'94 Fiat TipoTd 40K

'85 BMW K100RT 330K Garaged 26yrs '80 Honda CB250 twin Superdream
marco f1
My Cars:

Post by marco f1 »

is your car fitted with a tow bar, if so make sure all the power is turning of and not staying live, i know there is a constant live but only one but there is more when you start up so make sure the others are switching of through a relay when you turn of the engine. i had the same problems with my mondeo and found out it was the tow bar electrics that was the problem............

regards

marco
citroen C5 vtr 2.0 hdi 138 bhp 54 reg mk
live life a quater mile at a time
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I now have the diagrams :-D :-D :-D I shall scan and post the relevant ones up over the next few days...

Marco, that's a good point about the tow-bar, particularly if there's a 12S socket and a split-charge relay fitted. They may have tapped into one of the double-relay lines to get the sense voltage for the split-charge cut-in...

Hopefully now we are in possession of diagrams all will soon be revealed [-o<
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Jim, thats great, hopefully I will now get to the bottom of this problem which has been going on for a year, about it be something to do with the towing electrics that was one of the first things that I checked, and I have to thank everyone who tried to help,I will get back to you when I come home from holiday.
Thanks
Allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'll get the relevant diagrams scanned this weekend if I can Allan and then I'll have a good old ponder :wink:
Jim

allanmc
My Cars:

Re: xantia battery drain

Post by allanmc »

Jim, thats me home from holiday have you had any joy with the diagrams will you let me know
allan
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

allanmc wrote:Jim, thats me home from holiday have you had any joy with the diagrams will you let me know
allan
If I can get my scanner working Allan, I'll get them posted...

Good holiday?
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Here, at long last, are the HDi 110 Injection Diagrams...

HDi 110 Injection Circuit Diagram

HDi 110 Harness Diagram

HDi 110 Locations Diagram

They're big and complax and may take a few minutes to download...

Allan, the Double Relay is item 1304 and you'll see it's operated by the ECU earthing pins 7 and 10 respectively. I'd start my fault hunt by seeing if either pin remains earthed (i.e. at 0v) with the ignition off.

Hope the diagrams help nail this problem down...
Jim

allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Jim, thanks for the diagams they might be a wee bit complicated for me to understand so if you dont mind I will contact the guy with the Lexia who diagnosed the problem with the Injection Relay and seems to be able to read diagrams, as you will know I bought a Lexia through the forum but still have to learn how to use it, thanks again.
allan
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

A word of warning about identifying 'under-dash' relays:
When seeking help on finding the wash/wipe relay in our 1.9TD Estate, helpful forum members gave conflicting data. Then I found that the 3 Xantia estates that we had in the family (all built between Oct 95 and July 96) which should, according to the BoL and Autodata, have had exactly the same relay layout but didn't - I'm not talking about optional relays not being present, but 3 completely different arrangements of the basic relays in (and not in!) identical mounting plates!
It's clear from this experience that NONE of the published relay diagrams can be depended upon (for series 1 estates at least), there are many variations of which relays are in which hole in the mounting plate; it's almost as if each electrical fitter in the Heuliez factory (where estates were built) had his own personal ideas on relay layouts - perfectly possible as the mounting plate is just a steel plate to hold a set of flying relay bases in the wiring harness.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)