TOW BALL ELECTRICS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

timbo
My Cars:

TOW BALL ELECTRICS

Post by timbo »

HI ALL, CAN ANYONE OFFER SOME ADVICE ON THIS, WHEN I PLUG IN A LIGHTING BOARD TO THE TOW BALL ELECTRIC SOCKET ALL WORKS FINE EXCEPT FOR NEARSIDE INDICATOR ON THE BOARD,CHECKED BULB,CAR INDICATOR WORKS OK. ALSO WHEN THE OFFSIDE INDICTOR IS ON I GET A BEEP BEEP SOUND FROM THE REAR OF CAR, LIKE A LORRY REVERSING WARNING, ONLY BEEPS WITH OFFSIDE INDICTOR.
ANYONE HELP ?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

With trailer lights it is a legal requirement that there is some form of indicator warning for the driver. The difficult way to do this is to fit a special flasher unit and a warning light some where on the dash, and the easy way is to fit a bleeper in the boot.
Trailer lighting isalways fun. it sounds as though someone has installed yours quite well. The proper system uses an extra plug which plugs into an existing plug in the (nearside generally) back light unit. First stop - find it, and make sure all is ok ie that its still plugged in and is clean. If not - come back and tell us what you find.
Incidentally do the rear fog lights work - there is often a problem with these.
jeremy
timbo
My Cars:

Post by timbo »

i'll check out the wireing to the rear light,my beeper sound comes from the offside,fog lights work ok,
report back soon many thanks.
timbo
My Cars:

Post by timbo »

found the problem,in the boot on the off side behind the boot lining,large plastic cover,behind this was all the wireing for the towing electrics and buzzer. turned out to be a poor scotch-lock connection.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">[turned out to be a poor scotch-lock connection.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That's what happens with them after a year or two. It's a good idea to pack them with vaseline before closing them.