Lost connection!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dowen

Lost connection!

Post by dowen »

I had just returned from a 150mile trip, and as I got out of the car I noticed coolant pouring from under the car, it must have just happened as I pulled into my drive! so how lucky is that?
So, to get at it I had to take the air box, throttle valve, etc, etc, off (xantia V6) just a small pin prick leak on pipe from filler tank. So Ive done an amazing bit of plumbing and replaced most of the pipes under there.
Now Ive got all electrical connections back. Theres a grey one that I know doesn't have a job, but also there's a blue one with just one wire! I just cannot find the socket for it!
With the engine running, and the leak now fixed, the air bag light is on and the temp gauge doesn't work!
So the blue connection must be temp. Does anyone know where the socket is?

Cheers, Dave.
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Re: Lost connection!

Post by DHallworth »

There's a air temp sensor on the underside of the pipework somewhere around the air box. It's a fiddly little sod to get back on so would be worth checking you've got it.

If you want, let me know n I'll grab a picture of it!

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

There are 3 coolant temperature sensors, brown, green and blue. The blue one is fitted to the rear bank cylinder head just below (I think) the thermostat housing. They are shown on the Citroen Service page called "Outlet Tank Switch Probe".

Nearly impossible IIRC to get to without removing the throttle body.

I always thought that the blue sensor (in the head) was for the engine ECU and the greed sensor (in the thermostat housing) was for the temperature gauge?
dowen

Post by dowen »

Thanks for your help, Yes it was the one below the thermostat. I had to remove the throttle body and the air box, as well as all my new plumbing to get at it!
Ive replaced all the pipes under there now. Don't want to get it all off again! Just one little pin prick leak caused so much trouble!
the blue connector is temp gauge! its now working. Air bag lights mysteriously on now, but Ive got my own cure for that, ...1" insulation tape!
Thanks again, Dave.