Xantia Vs BX insurance costs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mirafioriman

Xantia Vs BX insurance costs

Post by mirafioriman »

The Xantia insurance is up next month so I decided to get some quotes.

Cheapest so far is about £180.

Saw a BX 17 TD on ebay so decided to get a quote for that. (Had a BX some years ago and still really like them)

Cheapest quote was around £238.

I'm on an economy drive so changing doesn't really make sense especially as the BX is going to be costlier to insure. I wonder if it's because the BX is a turbo and the Xantia is n/a?
Former Proud owner of a 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9d and BX 19RD

Now driving an Alfa 159 but god I miss the Xantia!
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Re: Xantia Vs BX insurance costs

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Well the turbo BX would leave the n/a Xantia for dead in terms of performance so maybe. Incidentally are there many n/a Xantias about? I've never driven one, but have owned the SD low turbo option which was ok once up to, erm, speed but had no acceleration whatsoever. Sold it to my father in law but he later said it was too slow even for him!
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

Not sure how many n/a Xantias there are around. Mine is a very early one so it's pretty rare anyway. The BX I had was also n/a too.

As far as performance goes I find it quite adequate. Fuel economy is excellent and it will quite happily cruise along at 65-70 on the motorway which is as fast as I ever go now as there are just too many cameras etc around.

With the current fuel costs taking my 4.2 litre petrol S class Mercedes off the road and buying the Xantia was the best thing I ever did :)
Former Proud owner of a 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9d and BX 19RD

Now driving an Alfa 159 but god I miss the Xantia!
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

I was quite happy with the SD's economy too. I didn't care that it wouldn't smoke it from the lights either, as I used it for work (mobile tech).
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.