climate control not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

redeye49

climate control not working

Post by redeye49 »

Hi, i have a 2002 C5 2,2 Hdi and my climate control was working fine until last week when suddenly it decided not to work in the auto mode or manual mode when set to chill the car down, i set it to 18 degrees and usually when switched on the climate turns on the a/c pump and the fan cuts in and goes straight to three quarters of full speed but now the fan just sits at the first propella blade on the lcd screen and the compressor does not start up and all i get is the air from outside at the outside air temp, the green light is iluminated and if the a/c is in manual i can speed up and slow down the fan but still no cold/chilled air, i have had an automotive a/c engineer check the gas and he tells me its got plenty of pressure and that its an electrical fault.
If i turn up the tempreture to blow hot air into the car the heater does this also all of the flaps are working as they should.
Does anyone have any idea whats causing my climate controle to not work?,i would be very pleased to hear from anyone who has had this problem and hopefully give me the answer as to how to fix it and to let me know weather ill have to take it to a citroen dealer or whether i can fix it myself?.