C5 Estate rear window closing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kettlesimon

C5 Estate rear window closing

Post by kettlesimon »

Hi bought my C5 around 4 months ago and in general have been very happy with it. One annoying problem that has developed is the glass in the rear door. 9/10 as soon as i close the driver or passenger doors the rear window clicks open, which activates the warning beep and indicator on the display. I have tried everything from slamming it to sprayng it with WD40 and now usually i just ignore it, as once underway the warning noise stops.Occasionally though when going over rough surfaces it keeps on coming back on all of the time. Is this an easy know fix, or can i just superglue the glass opening closed. I cant think of any reason, why i would ever need access to the boot via the glass only.
2004 C5 Estate 2.0 HDi
markflip

Re: C5 Estate rear window closing

Post by markflip »

Sounds like the catch is badly aligned or damaged, flexing of the bodywork over rough ground or the pressure increase shutting the other doors is enough to cause it to 'pop'.

I don't know the catch design on the C5 glass specifically, but boot catches often move on their mountings over time (with 'exuberant' boot closing especially) and always away from the 'hook' which can stop them closing 100%