2010 C5 3.0 HDI tourer 48k update

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

telboy5

2010 C5 3.0 HDI tourer 48k update

Post by telboy5 »

Hi all,

Well I have passed the 48k mile mark in my 2010 C5 Tourer 3.0 HDI and thought I'd update you all on a few things, all good by the way :-D

Build quality is still top notch, no rattles or annoying noises, well pleased with this and betters anything I've had from VW Group, BMW, Volvo and Mercedes.

Reliability, still very good, 1 recall and only service items to report, long may this continue albeit being a car that's used a lot, this may change. Might have to extend the warranty next March :?:

Drive, other than the road noise created by the huge 19 inch alloys, the car, especially on motorways, is proving very quiet indeed, sometimes wonder if the engine is running at all :lol: Although a big car, it does handle really well. I've had 2 VW GTI's and a VW R36 all very well balanced and capable cars and I have to say this C5 Tourer is proving it can cover ground as well, especially on the Bournemouth to Bristol route I frequent. Not too much body roll at all and the grip is exceptional :wink: The car rides very comfortably and can firm up nicely if needed.

Performance, well I had the car remapped now for over 15k miles and have to say it does not disappoint. 300 bhp and 462 flbt it does shift, nuff said =D>

MPG: I only ever bother doing proper brim to brim tests with mpg and again, I am very pleased here, especially noting the performance on offer. I recently took a trip up to Norwich from Bournemouth, unfortunately it was bumper to bumper on the way up and quiet on the way down, however the car still achieved an average of 45.2 mpg =D> I have had a lot of fun in the car and even when driving very spirited, I can still achieve 37 mpg. I must admit, I do more days when I travel sedately and my average is more around 40 mpg.

The paintwork is holding up well although I do take care of my cars so this might be down to my hard graft polishing etc :-D I do though have the usual array of stone chips and might have to get some sort of protection on the bonnet if I keep the car past the 3 year point. Interior is holding up very well and looks like new still, even with 3 kids climbing all over it :cry:

I have 3 kids and the misses and they all concur with the comments around comfort and performance, the kids love the huge sky roof.

All in all, well done to Citroen for 48k trouble free miles, long may this continue.
Superaquarama

Re: 2010 C5 3.0 HDI tourer 48k update

Post by Superaquarama »

Excellent ! We've just done nearly 3000 miles in our HDi Exclusive, now at 57k, and it's brilliant on such a tour - hard to better,I'd say.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Sounds very nice.

Does it have hydropneumatic or spring suspension.

Do you have any photos to make us even more envious?
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
telboy5

Post by telboy5 »

It's got the lovely hydropneumatic suspension which is really comfy, must admit though that it does firm up rather nicely when the sport button is hit.

Quick picky to follow;
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Nice colour and sexy wheels.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

what alloys are they ? nice !
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

They're called Adriatic, but I thought they came in a metallic charcoal powdercoat with metal highlights. Biggest wheel in the current C5 factory range.
telboy5

Re:

Post by telboy5 »

addo wrote:They're called Adriatic, but I thought they came in a metallic charcoal powdercoat with metal highlights. Biggest wheel in the current C5 factory range.
Yep, you're right, you can either get them with the grey inserts or the black like I've got now. Either way they look the nuts but are a bugger to clean :(